Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:35:54 PM EDT
I was taking the welded muzzle cap off my new Maadi, which was tougher than the others I have done.  I finnaly got it off, but grinded down a couple of the treads.  Not deep, didnt cut threw the barrel.  I was so mad.  I thought I ruined the gun I have been waiting for.  I put the new slant brake on and it din't miss a beat.  It threaded fine and looks great.  It does not seem to have compromised the integraty of the barrel or brake at all.  It is as loose/ tight as my other Maadi.  There seems to be no differance at all.  Anybody ever do this?  Thanks, Dave
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I always use a file to avoid that kinda "oh shit" scenario, AK's are tough, it'll be fine ...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You should be fine.  I had to drill out the blind pin on my post ban Arsenal Inc. SA-M7 Classic, and it touched the threads a little.

New muzzle nut went right on after cleaning up the threads, no worries.

I'll be doing an Arsenal SA-M7 Classic next week,are they pinned and welded or just pinned?I don't have the rifle yet,I'm doing a little trading with Firedog51d.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Its the same one,it'll be nice to have a type III again,and Rich has already added Russian type III laminate!

Thanks for the link Tim,the pin is alot smaller than I had imagined!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I know it's fine.  It just pisses me off
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ehhhhhhhhhhh........once you put the slant brake on you're the only one who knows.

oh....I'll know....

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, YOU BASTARD!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ehhhhhhhhhhh........once you put the slant brake on you're the only one who knows.

oh....I'll know....

Now I know too and I'm going to tell Jugrunner,Travis and Old Troop.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh....I'll know....

Now I know too and I'm going to tell Jugrunner,Travis and Old Troop.

I hate you all!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Sould I have the brake drilled and pinned so I dont have to deal with it?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Why would you want to do that,I had a MAK 90 someone threaded the muzzle on and must have had problems,it looked like they tried to get too big a bite without backing off  of their die.It ended up only having about a half inch of usable threads,but it worked fine and,as Templar said,you could'nt see it with the slant brake in place.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would you want to do that,I had a MAK 90 someone threaded the muzzle on and must have had problems,it looked like they tried to get too big a bite without backing off  of their die.It ended up only having about a half inch of usable threads,but it worked fine and,as Templar said,you could'nt see it with the slant brake in place.

Cause I'm being nurotic (sp)
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cause I'm being nurotic (sp)

Its time for a beer,............relax Dave,its an AK!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top