Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/18/2009 8:32:15 PM EDT
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me if this is the factory furniture for this Pars Intl. Lou, KY RML?  Everything I've read says the RMLs came with thumbhole stocks.

Also, what would you guys estimate the value of this rifle?  Id'e say it's at about 95%.  I know a few years ago they were about $300-$400 but I'm looking for a current value taking into consideration the new administration, the AK/AR frenzy and that I live in one of the AWB states.

Thanks fellas!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/cperalta1/Whole_Right.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/cperalta1/Whole_Left-1.jpg
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
http://home.comcast.net/~jfreeman16/
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I've read through Freeman's site and that's part of what I meant by "Everything I've read says ..."  

I just want assurance that this is NOT Maadi furniture before I go refinishing or replacing it.

Thanks for the reply though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
That is Original Maadi furniture. I dont care what the books or web say I have seen enough to know, It's maadi. The buttstock is maadi Im 99.9% sure. The p-grip is maddi (hang on to it even if you dont like it) The barrel is turned down too small to thread 14mm, but it looks to be a fine rifle. Price $450-$600
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 3:49:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Ark!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not convinced the butt stock is a Maadi.  I could be wrong, but all of the ones I've seen have 4 nails not 3.  Looks like a Romy to me.  My RML had the thumbhole stock.  The grip however does look Egyptian, but I think someone has swapped out the thumbhole stock.   Just my .02
Link Posted: 5/22/2009 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
All RMLs were imported with Egyptian wood thumbhole stocks and forends.  

From the photos and a parts availability standpoint (genuine Maadi parts have never been that plentiful, and are extremely rare these days), my best guess is the stock and PG are questionable.  Here's why:

From the photos, the pistol grip looks like either Egyptian or Bulgarian.  Maadi grips are made of an almost brittle, unreinforced, semi-gloss polycarbonate-like material (I've had 2 of them crack), with blunt, almost drawn on, checkering.  I can't tell from the pic if the checkering is sharp, like on Russian or US made grips.  Bulgaria exported black grips, which were much more common, and very similar to the Egyptian grips.  

The stock is questionable mainly due to the deep color.  Egyptian stocks were more on the light and dark brown side (exactly like the lower handguard) than the common Romanian (and much rarer Russian) reddish and/or mostly brown.  

The forend definitely looks Egyptian, with the darker upper handguard.  

All that said, digital pics can be deceiving, so I'm only going by what my monitor shows me.

Just my $.02, hope it helps.

Link Posted: 5/22/2009 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought an RML in January for $500.  It had plum synthetic furniture on it instead of wood.  I would say that rifle would sell quick for $600 easy.

Link Posted: 5/25/2009 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#8]
That doesn't look like a Maadi stock, but I know where you can get an original Maadi stock for it right now for $25. PM me if interested. It's a thumbhole, but you can cut it as most people have done. Compare the wood style and grain in your pics to these pics.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:30:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I recently got an RML too, threaded 1 1/2x28, added and painted a slant comp, new soviet stock and PG. My stock set looks just like Carlos, but with a black Egyptian grip.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top