I was at my local gun store and they had just gotten in an Intrac imported Maadi rifle. It has the butthole stock and muzzle nut welded on. I'm not familiar with AK's...besides the fact I know I want one, and i'm wondering if the experts here can help with these questions:
1. How many compliance parts would be needed to put on a standard stock and pistol grip, along with a slant muzzle break? What parts are available, and where can I get them?
2. How is the quality of a Maadi? Reliability vs other AK's?
3. Is $375 for a NIB Maadi a good deal?
4. Will it accept high cap mags?
I am not a 922r specialist so I will skip that question.
2. Maadi quality varies greatly depending on the importer. Intrac is a very good importer. I would say a intrac ARM(16inch) or RPM(20 inch) is better quality than the century romanians(wasr sar) but not quite as good as say a norinco. That being said the Maadi'sare the most accurate copy of a soviet akm you can buy in the states. Yhey are in fact made on russian machinery by workers trained by russians. As is the case with any AK Maadi's are the epitome of reliablity.
3 I have 2 intrac maadi ARMs I have bought in IL(southern) I would say that 375 is a fair price if the weapon is in good shape but on the high side.
4.Mine will accept any hi cap I have stuck in it. Polish polymer, Bulgy polymer, chinese steel, cheap and euro steel.