Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 5:18:52 PM EDT
I just bought a Maadi at the gunshow today. This came with a thumb hole stock and a threaded barrel, no welded nut, just bare threads. Can I put a pistol grip stock set on? I have a Plastic Bulgerian set I'd like to use. I also bought a slant break for it. Do I have to add US parts also? the rear sight has 93 stamped into it, I was told this is when it was made. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:47:55 PM EDT
Yes, you were told correctly.  The 93 is the year of production.  The gun is post-ban and will require US parts for a pistol grip to be legal.  You can use whatever furniture you want, as long as it's for a stamped gun.  Milled bulgarian buttstock won't fit (the part that goes in the gun will look oval on a milled stock, and a stepped square on the stamped).  You need the right number of US parts to be legal no matter whose furniture you use.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:50:33 PM EDT
Thanks Ross,
Does the slant break need to be pinned and brazed? I have the stock set allready and it does fit, I was told it was Bulgerian with a US pistol grip. How many US parts do I need? I have a MISR that was sold to me with US Made mag floorplates and followers. Does a gun made in 1993 need all this stuff?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:24:37 AM EDT
Yup, it's a post-ban and needs all those parts.  You need 5 US parts for a stamped gun (like the Maddi) without a muzzle device, and 6 US parts with a muzzle device.  

The law says no muzzle threads, so you should permanently attatch whatever you decide to use on the muzzle.  There were a bunch of post-ban guns brought in with functional muzzle threads like your's, but the law says, no muzzle threads.  I don't know how to permanently attatch one.

I'd recommend you look into one of those US made AK-47 type muzzle brakes that have a bigger hole for 7.62.  They work better and look cooler than the slant (unless you like the slant-type for historical accuracy) and it will give you a US part you need.

Top Top