Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2003 12:30:33 PM EDT
What's a good price for one of these?

J & G is selling norincos for $350.

Description:  Norinco MAK-90 semi-auto AK-47 style rifles. In 7.62x39 caliber in good to very good condition, accepts all standard AK mags and drums, does not come with a mag. These are some of the sturdiest and well finished stamped receiver guns available.

www.jgsales.com

Just curious, wasn't sure if this is a good deal or not, all I know about are SAR's.

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a better rifle than the SAR.  I have paid $300 for each recently for the three that I have bought. All were used, in VG condition. That is not out of an acceptable range IMO.  

I would at least expect a mag to come with it for that price though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]
On the mak 90's can you put a normal stock on them ?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Putting a regular AK stock set on them is ok if the rear of the gun is squared....if its rounded you cant. Years ago a company made adapters for the rounded rears but I cant remember who it was. Also there could be a legal issue with doing that but hey.....Id probably do it myself.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I have made one of my MAK-90's "pre-Ban".  Add a K-Var American made stock set. Then drop in an RSA trigger group, and you are good to go.

6 parts there, and you are legal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Ironwood makes their US wooden stocks to fit both the square and angle cut MAK receivers. They list both solid and laminated sets. If you have an angle cut, it is probably the best way to go.

Drue
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Where can the Ironwood stocks be picked up at?  I couldn't find much on google.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats a very good price for a Mak-90 in very good condition.  I'll take a Mak over a Sar any day.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where can the Ironwood stocks be picked up at?  I couldn't find much on google.

www.ironwooddesigns.com
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 3:53:15 AM EDT
[#11]
My brother has a MAK90, he swapped the furniture with a Hungarian Blonde thumbhole, and likes it much better now. I believe he will be adding US Parts to it once he starts shooting it more though. Great rifles, I often hear disparaging remarks about the Chinese rifles, I am guessing that is because they were sold here so cheaply for so long, while many of the other AK variants were so expensive. The truth is that the price was decieveing, the Chinese AK's are fine rifles, there finish is far better than many of the others and they are much sturdier feeling, there stamped recievers feel as solid as most Euro milled recievers.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top