Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 7:28:52 AM EDT
I am simply curious if the buttstock from a Romanian stamped rifle will fit into the reciever of  a Mak-90 with the straight cut.  I am looking to convert my Mak to make it compliant and I've found a Romanian complete furniture set for cheap.  I just want to make sure there would be no fitting problems.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:38:16 AM EDT
Is the furniture set  made in Romania? If so it won't count as compliance parts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:58:50 AM EDT
I am not sure but I would like to know if it would fit or not.  I dont see why it wouldnt fit but I just want to make sure.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:29:13 AM EDT
Chinese recievers are thicker.....1.5mm compared to 1mm So to answer you question....NO....you can make a Chinese fit Romanian  recievers...Romanian guns dont have EURO recievers any way...there US made and are mostly 1mm....theres a few made in 1.6mm. You can make alterations to make it fit but why not just buy a Chinese stock set?????
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:32:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By OldTroop:
Romanian guns dont have EURO recievers any way...there US made

Whooooooa Doggie. Youve got some flawed info. All Romanian guns (WUM, CUR, SAR, ROMAK, WASR, etc.) are 100% Romanian made receivers...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:34:50 AM EDT
I thought century got there guns in kits the same way we did........any way there is a big difference between Eruo/US and Chinese recievers.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:45:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 11:45:45 AM EDT by 762minigun2]

Originally Posted By OldTroop:
Romanian guns dont have EURO recievers any way...there US made

must be an AR guy
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:44:49 PM EDT
sorry...not an AR guy........didnt Century get all there guns as kits??? or had to cut the recievers to make them compliant....how did they get away with it. If they were whole guns why did century redo them(canted sites and all) someone explain that to me. Ive seen a photo of a container of AKs that were going to Century and they said they had to cut the recievrs on them. At any rate like I said their 2 different recivers...Chinese is the best.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:36:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BiggerStick47:
Is the furniture set  made in Romania? If so it won't count as compliance parts.

This ^^^ is very important.  It will be very difficult and expensive to get a U.S. compliant rifle without the stock set, given all the other parts you would have to switch out for U.S.-made parts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:17:41 PM EDT
yes a romanian stock will fit a MAK (very good tight fit).  you need to check wat Century replaced on the SARs to make them 922r compliant.  only if the stock set is 1 of the items will this count as 922r compliance for the MAK.  I know they replace the FCG (3 parts), not sure wat else.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:12:09 AM EDT
Any AK stock from any country will fit a Chinese rifle with a little sanding of the tang that goes into the receiver. Put the stock in the receiver and give it a couple hits on the buttplate with a rubber mallet.
Then pull the stock out and you will see the receiver has pushed the wood back.  This way you can see how much wood needs to be sanded off. This will cut down on the number of times you have to sand a little and test the fit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:15:35 AM EDT
you also have to redrill the holes....there not the same.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:22:45 AM EDT
Its sad that it takes an Arkansan to finally give a thorough answer. :)  If you haven't figured out by now, you can make just about anything fit an AK. All you need is a Dremel.
Top Top