Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/11/2006 9:00:43 PM EDT
Ordered 4 polish steel mags in 7.62x39 from joekens advertised as brand new.
After 2 weeks recieved the mags which were wrapped in saran wrap, mags looked new had a parked looking finish on them, dull looking almost like the hungarian pics in the id thread. One of the mags tho had a floorplate which was out of place in that it had a black color to it(like a romy mag finish). after inspecting the other mags...WTF one had no rib at all like the other 3?
No markings on the mags whatsoever, anyone know what type of parked looking mag with no rib this can be? Will try to post a pic or 2, also the mag with the mismatched floorplate looked like it was bent or pryed onto the mag.
Not sure if I am totally satisfied with the purchase as of yet as the mags were $10.99 each+shipping.New mags that are franken mags? at least 2 of them appear to be okay, parked like finish.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Well thanks mbsk for responding. First time i ever ordered from this place, and of course last. After examining mags further with a magnifying glass, some did have some markings under the heavy parked finish but not to clear(88 in circle, fat arrow in triangle, others had letters and numbers and a half moon something) ribbless mag has to be chinese as my other chinese look the exact same only this one is parked.
Came to the conclusion that someone sat in their garage and paked some old crappy mags, as one of the mags was at one time probably rusted and badly pitted, and is still pitted but parked.
probably keep for beater mags, but point is they were sold to me from joeken as brand new polish mags which of course they are far from it!
Contact Joeken? doubtful as anyone who does buisness such as this could hardly make it right, chalked up to a F....king on me and a lesson learned!!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
MK7669, you may owe Joeken a kiss on the mouth.

First, do you mean ribless as in the back of the mag or the sides of the mag? If there are no ribs on the SIDE and you have a slabside mag, that is $35-$70 depending on the country it came from... for the ONE mag.

Second, if one of those mags is Russian, that is $30-$40 for ONE MAG right there.

Third, $10 is the cheapest you get right now. I paid $9.97 each for two Polish steel mags, not bad but also far from new. If you want show quality mags then you need to pay the cash to get them. Personally, I think that if I am out shooting and someone sees my AK, they will be thinking "WOW an ORIGINAL style gun with wood pistol grip and folding bayonet" etc... not "Wow that magazine has some tiny scratches".

See what I mean?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guy's for the response, Kiss for joeken on the mouth! Don't think so, not russian slabsides(then he would get tonguehinese(prob.Franken mag has bad pitting on it before being parked with a romy floor plate not parked and gloss black plate. Other 2 are probably romy's that have been parked. Pitted mag russian possible but we may never know(parking and condition of the mag impossible to tell). Recieved 5 mags brand new as advertised(polish new in wrap today) from a different vendor . Honestly best mags i have ever seen and quality is Better than most new mags be they e. german, russian etc. 5 mags for $50.00  which included shipping . as for the russian mags brought 2 from gun broker brand new 40 rounders last week. with the molot star on rib for $25.00 each + shipping.
Point of the matter is i also sent joeken an e-mail as im's were full and never got a response not to flame a vendor or endorse one but i call em as i see them.
Yes, I could order a poly-tech legend and recieve a wasr and what the heck, at the range it looks like an ak and goes bang when you pull the trigger, who would know? Me as i am the one that paid for goods that were not as advertised and lets not forget in the poly scenario paid $1000.00 more?
If i wanted beater mags i would have ordered somehe)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

P.S Q-gunner or anyone else interested i will gladly sell the junk i recieved from joeken to you for what i paid.( Hey at least you know what your getting unlike i did)

No way- we got our own good stuff  LMAO
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

First, do you mean ribless as in the back of the mag or the sides of the mag? If there are no ribs on the SIDE and you have a slabside mag, that is $35-$70 depending on the country it came from... for the ONE mag.

Second, if one of those mags is Russian, that is $30-$40 for ONE MAG right there.

Third, $10 is the cheapest you get right now. I paid $9.97 each for two Polish steel mags, not bad but also far from new. If you want show quality mags then you need to pay the cash to get them. Personally, I think that if I am out shooting and someone sees my AK, they will be thinking "WOW an ORIGINAL style gun with wood pistol grip and folding bayonet" etc... not "Wow that magazine has some tiny scratches".

See what I mean?

what a queer- an incorrect queer at that...

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See what I mean?

what a queer- an incorrect queer at that...

This guy has issues. So you went through all this trouble to look through all of my posts just to find something to make fun of? Dude... the definition of pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#9]
No, I'm looking for a few decent mags for a Polish AK.  I want them to be correct for a Polish rifle and not just any old AK mags.  

Sorry for stepping in your territory.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I paid good money to Joken firearms for one Russian slabside and one Russian ribbed mag. (close to $100) I received both of the mags with the same B.S. park job also in miserable condition. The ad would have led you to believe the mags were in normal condition. If this guy is selling slabsides for 59.99 he obviously knows what the are, and should mention that these look like they spent the last fifty years on the bottom of the Baltic Sea...
-STAY AWAY!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Did the Soviets even parkerize their mags??

That is pretty sad...
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top