Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/21/2005 9:02:03 AM EDT
I am starting to not like this kit and regret ever buying it. First I found out that a bulgarian four piece flash hider will not install on the M92's FSB and yesterday I read that the upper and lower forearms are not standard krink size and the retainer is different. Can anyone confirm this for sure, b/c I wanted to install the KRIS krink handguards on it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2005 1:57:40 PM EDT
They look like full size ak handguards to me, but I don't have a kit in hand.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 4:56:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nugentgl:
I am starting to not like this kit and regret ever buying it. First I found out that a bulgarian four piece flash hider will not install on the M92's FSB and yesterday I read that the upper and lower forearms are not standard krink size and the retainer is different. Can anyone confirm this for sure, b/c I wanted to install the KRIS krink handguards on it.

That sounds about right.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 5:33:07 PM EDT
I think I will put the kit up for sale, anyone want to buy it? No reasonable offer refused.

Link Posted: 7/21/2005 7:52:25 PM EDT
The M92 is a very cool weapon. I am nearly finished with my M92 and I love it. I can't wait to shoot it.

The handguards are different than any other "Krink" and regular handguards will not fit. I refinished my handguards myself and they are the best ones in my rifle collection.

I wouldn't mind owning another kit though since they are sold out. They are pricey though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 9:31:09 PM EDT
I will give $300.00 and a very very good Romanian Kit for It.Thanks.Rick.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:21:32 AM EDT
I will buy it for $375 if nashnash doesn't follow through.

That is just what I need- another kit. At this rate the city board will reclassify my dwelling as a salvage yard. ;)

Galland
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 10:38:36 AM EDT
Wow!

I guess this is a really popular kit, too bad it doesn't do anything for me. Anyway, it is sold pending funds and I didn't even have to list it.

If the buyer backs out, I will go to the next person on the long list of "takers".

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:28:33 PM EDT
Yep, you are right, it is nothing but a short barrel AK. They are using the word krink to sell these, as a lot of people don't know the difference. It has a full length gas tube, true AKSU's do not. Oh well, glad you sold it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:14:48 PM EDT
If it's not a "real" Krinkov, why were some of the experienced Krink collectors around here talking them up as if they were real. Normally, if somebody tries to pull the wool over our eyes, they get called on it in a hurry. I was a little skeptical at first, but nobody kept speaking up, so I figured it was as real as they get.

I recognize that this configuration is a little different than some of the others, but that's not exactly unusual in the AK world.

I would be interested in a little more of the history on this weapon, since it is kind of different. I'm anxious to get mine, people seem to be happy with them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:25:25 PM EDT
I guess I am more of a Bulgarian krink style guy than the M92 krink. The M92 just doesn't look right to me at all. Of course, I must be the only person on the planet that doesn't like the m92 look.

Its good to be different...or at least that is what I keep telling myself.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:30:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lotsagas4u:
Yep, you are right, it is nothing but a short barrel AK. They are using the word krink to sell these, as a lot of people don't know the difference. It has a full length gas tube, true AKSU's do not. Oh well, glad you sold it.

What are you talking about?

It is not a short barrel AK none of the parts are interchangeable
Gas tube is shorter than an AK, piston is shorter, lower hand guard is different, top cover is the Krink type, night sight, muzzle booster is nicely machined and blued a top quality krink. The Yugo AK and Yugo Krink are superior quality than any other maker.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:13:22 AM EDT

The Yugo AK and Yugo Krink are superior quality than any other maker.

I disagree, however, I am no AK expert. I have a Bulgarian kit and I HAD an M92 kit. I think the Bulgarian looks better with my eyes. Not to mention that the Bulgarian kit has a chromed lined barrel whereas the Yugo doesn't, the bulgy kit hand guards are standard krink size so the Autoburst krink handguards will fit as well as all other krink hand guards, and the m92's FSB thread size and direction are odd so standard flash hiders won't work. To me all that adds up to a waste of time.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:28:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 8:33:36 PM EDT by 18BSOTTM]
I wouldn't go so far as to say that the M92 is a "Waste of time" It is not a big deal that it has a diferent thread pitch on the FSB. As for the fit and finish of the gun, it is very nice, and in some ways superior to other types of AK's, to include the Bulgarian Krink. The whole gun is hot blued, not cooked with a coating. The M92 dose have a chrome lined barrell, the standard Yugo AK do not, but the M92 does. It has a shorter operating system, and comes equiped with Tridium might sights, the AKSU 74 dose not. Overall the M92 is a real neat gun in many ways. I am pleased as punch to have one. But by no means a "waste of time"
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:30:49 AM EDT
Are you sure it has a chrome lined barrel. All accounts that I have read say no. And when I examined the barrel, it didn't look chrome lined to me (of course I am no expert but I did compare it witl my HK53 clone that has a chrome lined barrel). The reason I said a waste of time was I bought it to build a .223 krink, but all the parts were so different that it would cost an arm and a leg to convert. So for me it was a waste of time.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:45:56 AM EDT
No, id doesn't have a chrome lined barrel...I know I have 2!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:30:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 8:51:38 PM EDT by 18BSOTTM]
I could have sworn that I read here that the M92 had Chrome lined barrell, I havn't checked mine yet, so that could in fact be the case. OOops..
As for the 223 Krink build, you might consider starting the project out with a SAR 3. I have seen a couple that were built from that platform.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:57:06 PM EDT
Here is a pic of my "waste of time". I just finished it and i am waiting on the SBR paperwork so I can remove the can. I think it is a great weapon. It will be much nicer without the can. It is 1.5 inches longer then an AKS-74U. The craftsmanship is first rate and I have a bulgarian AKS-74U to compare it to and I love thme both. Anybody who says it isnt a true krink ought to realize there is no such thing as a Krink to begin with. What is a Krink? It is a made up name used by Americans not the countries of origin. Call it what you want but I think it kicks ass.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:12:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 6:13:23 PM EDT by thebomber]
Here's a pic of my "waste of time". Surprised no one mentioned the fact that the M92 is also 7.62 X 39.

Bomber
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Top Top