Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:41:04 AM EDT
I got Yugo underforld. My stock when is locked in extended position has play 1/2 inch up and down.
Any fixes for this issue?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
No easy fixes that I know of.

A good welder could add material to the receiver to tighten the holes. A good machinist could fab a bigger locking block.

Barring those kind of fixes you'll have to live with it.

BSW
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried tightening the hinge nut on the right side of the locking mechanism?

You'll need to press in the button and hold it while you drive out the roll pin that hold the threaded nut from spinning, then rotate it clockwise to tighten it until you reach the closest hole to where you like, then reinsert the pin and you're GTG>
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#3]
hi,

that's what i did with my century yugo that had the same problem.  here is the link on how to do it...  http://home.earthlink.net/~mwsjb/AKbuild3.htm
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately its the nature of the beast.  Tightening the nut might help a little, but it wears eventually and the slop comes back.  The only way to make a "perfect" underfolder is to drill the trunnion and latch holes yourself from the factory with a CNC.  Anything else is always going to yield a little slop, just like the originals.  Sometimes you get lucky and get one better than others.  

On my Polish underfolder I used some spare parts from an M70AB2 and just played mix and match until the stock seemed nice and solid.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top