Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/7/2005 5:26:49 PM EDT
Im looking to buy my first AK47, yes i want the 7.62x39 caliber. Anyway, im looking at Atlantic firearms. And i see these:

AK V 47 , Classic ,762 x 39, semi auto rifle ,These unique  rifles start as original polish AK parts set, they are Factory built on a new Ohio Ordnance  receiver .Bayonet Lug & Slant style muzzle brake in a pre ban style, parkerized finish , wood front stock sets .These rifles are a very close representation to the original AK rifle .If you are looking for a high quality original style AK that is affordable then  this is the rifle for you !!  Quality fit ,finish &  construction, these will take high cap mags & all backed up by a five year factory warranty. 100 % New in box, ships with one 30 round hi cap mag.

Is ohio ordnance any good? Im really looking at the High cap Ak's (who wants a Wasr10? :P) And was thinkng that at around 500 bucks, this wasnt a bad buy. If its good..
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe you're talking about Vector Arms's new underfolder, correct? It's a damn good rifle. People on this board have bought them and love them. It's well worth $500, so avoid the WASR.

Don't worry about the AK breaking on you in 5 years either.

themao
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]
RUN from global, RUN
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#3]
My next purchase will be a Vector Arms AK underfolder.   Whenever the supply gets caught up with the demand I'll get one.  I think they're backordered through February at both Vector Arms and Atlantic.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
RUN from global, RUN

Is that who makes this rifle? I see the vector arms for sale. But i also see they have new Russian Ak's for sale also, from the Russian factory.

Russian AK 47 Rifle, 762 x 39 , semi auto,100% new, Imported Semi auto, Russian built at the Izmash arsenal, Featuring 16 inch barrel with Flash Hider & Bayonet Lug , black furniture skeleton style stock, Optics rail on side of receiver for scope mount ,If you are looking for a high quality Russian AK then you have found it .will accept high capacity magazines , comes with  1-30 round magazine, extra magazines available, limited availability on these imported rifles, Please note Bayonet not included but available for $20.00, Five year warranty. ,

He advertised these in the industry forum also. Are these pretty good, they are about 579 dollars.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I would try Classic Arms.
At $320 they sell good Romanian hicap ak with no canted or crooked FSB.  Plus, they have already test fired it for accuracy.

Underfolders look cool but is a pain to shoot due to lack of cheek wield.

http://www.classicarms.us/htm/firearms.htm
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought one of the Vector "AK V-47" from Atlantic Firearms a while back. Did a little review here in this forum, I'm sure it's still around.

Nice rifle, shoots great, no problems. You can get it cheaper through Atlantic...If I'd bought it directly from Vector, it would have been about 80 dollars more.

Scott

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Atlantic Firearms seems to have a large selection of no ban AK's to choose from.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top