Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/11/2006 8:41:52 AM EDT
I Have a old '74 rommy kit with a nice pretty bore but very little finish left on the outside. I was looking for someone who can rivit it together for me, I really don't need th trigger group or anything installed just. Having the trunions and barrel instaled in the reciever. Let me know if you guys know anyone that can do it for me.

Thanks,
Shawn
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:47:26 AM EDT
the tg is the first to be installed
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:08:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 10:11:55 AM EDT by beemerman]
Global Trades can do a build for you on one of their receivers.Then they will send it to your FFl to do the transfer. If its on your own receiver you must do it yourself. Check the BATF websight for laws and regulations on self builds.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:30:40 AM EDT
Well I can't do it myself, I don't have to tools or the knowledge to do it. Since I have all the parts though I would like to get it built into something useful.

Thanks,
Shawn
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:54:07 PM EDT
Have you thought about looking at the Hometown forum on this board and seeing if there are any build parties or someone that may be able to help you build one in your area?

Hometown Forum
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:54:54 PM EDT
Better listen to socandyman. He's one of the best WECSOG gunsmiths who ever posted on a board. As the saying goes, he has more knowledge in his little finger than the rest of us have in our whole bodies.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:12:31 PM EDT
I would do it for you.

By the way, what is the legality of a chump like me manufacturing a weapon for someone else, providing they provide the receiver, which is the registered gun, and parts and someone with a non 02 FFL putting it together?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:20:00 PM EDT
Thats a good question..

Why would this be any different than putting a AR together with some elses parts???

I could see if you were building for a guy from another state, but if the guy lives in you state you should be legal right???

FREE

Originally Posted By JMounce:
I would do it for you.

By the way, what is the legality of a chump like me manufacturing a weapon for someone else, providing they provide the receiver, which is the registered gun, and parts and someone with a non 02 FFL putting it together?

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:22:36 AM EDT
ShawnW, check out the "Homebuilders, where are you located " topic; I am near Spartanburg, have all of the tools, and 3 builds. I've got 3 more kits in the works. Shoot me an email; maybe I can help you out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:10:28 AM EDT
Thanks for all the replies. I would really like to do it and have played around with screw builds before. I pretty much came to the conclusion that building is just not for me. andyrv672wl, I will send you an email and see what we can work out. I am definately willing to pay for someone to do it and if it were local it would be even better. Basically I am looking for the following service:

pull the barrel
drill out the old rivits in the front and rear trunion
rivit the trunions to the new reciever
press the barrel and barrel pin back in

So let me know what you guys can do.

Thanks,
Shawn
Top Top