Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/14/2013 8:52:12 AM EDT
Well, my wallet will be unhappy that I've discovered the M77. But, there are a few things I'd like to change up.

First, I looked at Zastava's website, and sadly found out that I will NOT be getting a M91 anytime soon. However, it shouldn't be that hard (hopefully) to make a M77 into a sort of clone.

It looks like I could use a NodakSpud Tabuk brake...cool. I really wouldn't mind finding a custom made barrel in a longer length...possible?

Next, furniture. Does anyone know if someone makes a SVD style stock, that will fit the M77? I've shot an email off to Ironwood.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#1]
To my knowledge there is no Dragunov stock besides a M91 stock that you can't import.  I used a Krebs adapter block on mine with an ACE AR adapter setup.  You might have Ironwood Designs make a Tabuk stock and try that.  Many M77 owners are using ACE stocks, but I prefer a Magpul MOE stock on mine with cheek riser because for me it works well with my LPS SVD style scope.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Original Yugo stocks can be put on the angle cut receiver. It works just not as well as it would if the rear trunnion had not had its bottom sheared off. This does decrease the amount of support.

If Ironwood made a SVD style stock which fit the M77 I would finally be able to see that angle cut as a virtue.

As for a longer barrel, install that Tabuk muzzle device. Then carry the M77 around. It is not as heavy as some of my .308s but it already is a very long puppy. If you REALLY want it to be even longer I am lucky enough to have Badger Barrels almost in my back yard. I know they make a quality product and I believe they will handle a request of only one.  If CAI would sell a .308 bolt I would hang onto the original barrel because you could then convert a x39 kit to .308.

DB
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top