Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/26/2002 5:13:54 PM EDT
This is supposed to be a Norinco 56s-1. Look kosher to you guys?

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks Kosher from here,What are the markings?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good from here also. Nice price, and looks to be in excel condition as well.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Dion't know what the markings are. The guy sent me a bunch of pics, no markings visible in any of them. He was a tad clueless, and I'm trading a couple of guns for this, and thinking about receivig it at my FFL before I ship his guns (since it was a trade offer to a post of mine).

I normally just ship when I get the other guy's FFL, but in this case I might ask if he minds if I check it out first.

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
You've got smoked salmon there (Kosher)!!!

It has the bayo lug, and that's a good price for a Chinese underfolder.  Don't get too hung up on importer for these things, a bunch of people brought them in besides Norinco, like Prochine, Golden State Arms, Sile Dist. etc.......

I'd go for it at that price.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm trading some guns I have up for sale/trade at a total value of $905. Let me just say I have a little less than that in them

I'll move on this trade as soon as I hear back from the guy. His last message was that his dealer's FFL was on the way. I sent mine overnight mail to him today.

Wish me luck.

And where can I get the correct bayonet?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like the FEG I recently sold...The pistol grip looked (Ash) just like that one.

Good news if it is a Hungarian.  I sold mine for 1300
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope WW, that's definitely a Chinese stamped receiver rifle.

Chinese AK's use heavier AK-47 weight barrels, and vented gas tubes just like the AK-47, rather than the lighter AKM barrels and ported gas block in lieu of a ported gas tube.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks great!

just don't butcher it for a krink!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I own a Norinco 56S-1 as well, and it is my favorite AK variant in my collection. That is a great price as well. Hope you get it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And where can I get the correct bayonet?

E-mail me, as I have one from mine I can probably part with cheap.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#13]
There were a bunch of these brought in after the ban with thumbhole stocks and the folder still attatched.  Yeah, it looks dumb as all getout, but they are post-ban and plenty of folks just took off the t-hole and sold them as pre-ban.  Usually the bayo lug is the giveaway.  The post-bans won't have one and the pre-bans will.  Also it's rare for the pistol grip (which obviously was added later) on a post-ban to match the handguards.

Judging from the pic, I'd say it's a preban.  Sure seems to have a bayo lug and the pistol grip is indeed Chinese, and the right one, and a matching shade.  I'd say it's a good deal.

I've seen two being sold side-by-side for the same money, by the same guy on Auction Arms.  One is a preban, and the other a post-ban that someone took the T-hole off and added a PG.  He's selling them both as the same gun (and probably figures they are), but one's a pre and the other's a post.

That one though looks right to me.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Nope WW, that's definitely a Chinese stamped receiver rifle.

Chinese AK's use heavier AK-47 weight barrels, and vented gas tubes just like the AK-47, rather than the lighter AKM barrels and ported gas block in lieu of a ported gas tube.

As well as the fact that Chinese underfolder receivers are somewhat rounded at the rear...vs completely straight cut like FEG's.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#15]
if its Chinese why is the bolt black ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:16:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Because some are black...
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:46:36 AM EDT
[#17]
fistpoint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Because some are black...

they are??????????????chinese.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:43:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes, some Chinese carriers are black. I have been searching for a photo but have been unable to find one so far. But I have seen them for sure.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:46:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, all questions will be answered on January 9th, which is when the UPS site says the rifle should be delivered.

I'll post detailed pictures and marking information once it is in my hands.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw one of those at the Dallas show marked at $1500. Needless to say the guy has been trying to sell it for the last few months.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top