Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 5:18:02 AM EDT

Redone to this config by Inrange. Had this rifle since '01. Went through a terrible ordeal with trying to get it back from 19mo in Harveyville Bridal shop. Got it back as a bbl'd receiver only, paint over rust.

Inrange performed a miracle on it, installed RSA Match trigger, Brake and moly coated it. Also found me a ribbed cover and gas tube to replace the stolen ones. K-Var US Stock set.

I installed the swivel point at the side of the stock to work with a GRSC single point sling and also the carry sling on it now. I have a Kobra for it too.

Here is is with a new pickup, JLD PTR91 KFM4. Both are going to the range Saturday for a nice little warmup. Cannot wait!!!.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:25:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice SAR-3

How could you put that stock on a G3 and sleep at night?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice SAR 3, I'll hold my opinion on the G3 with that M4 stock.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#3]
[ixmxg]i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/postban/PTR91/sar3014.jpg[/ixmxg]
Beauty and the beast. The SAR-3 is great. But loose the Tapco crap from the other one.

Edited: because one picture of that rifle with the M4 stock is one too many.

Sorry to dog you about the other rifle. I really like the SAR-3.  I have a WASR-3 and would like to do it up like yours. Although I'm not crazy about breaks. They are loud and long. I've thought about adding a phantom but just can't bring myself to do it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:32:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nice SAR-3

How could you put that stock on a G3 and sleep at night?

I know, I know, it came from JLD like that man.
Been getting my ass kicked over on the HK board because of that injection molded abortion.
I am gonna give it a range session Saturday and see if it is alright for function. I wanted a standard PTR91-K but all they had was this thing. I can swap out a few parts and get a good effective combo. And it does have more surface area and adjusability than a standard A3 slider.

Just need to find a black K stock set if this sucks to shoot as is.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice SAR 3, I'll hold my opinion on the G3 with that M4 stock.

It's OK, really. Go ahead and let loose. Maybe I can get a sympathy swapout from JLD if you guys bag on it enough!!!

Do your WORST, please!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe you I just really hate that stock on anything but an AR-15 type rifle

Do you plan to use a Kobra sight on the SAR-3? that would look soo nice
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I believe you I just really hate that stock on anything but an AR-15 type rifle

Do you plan to use a Kobra sight on the SAR-3? that would look soo nice

I need to rezero the Kobra (hassle, never can remember left=right or vice versa, stupid commies) before I use it but probably will. I have grown unfond of optics on fun rifles. I just like to go IRON and bump with it.

Done a lot of differnt optics/combos. Prefer just simple stuff now.

Totally agree aout the M4 stock, well actually I don't even like it on AR's anymore. Have owned over 30 AR15, AR10  and am down to one, my absolute favorite, Colt SP1, 1976 manf, iron sights only, of course.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Do your WORST, please!

THAT IS THE ugliest 91 I've ever seen!  Loose the stock, quick!!! and the front grip too...

Sweet SAR though!  Is that break threaded?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top