Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 1:50:14 AM EDT
Ha ha just kidding but this could be an interesting debate.
I want to know what you think is the absolute best 7.62 x 39 AK available on the market today. Yes Chinese too, you can still find them on the EE. No funky azzed AK spinoffs like the Sako or Valmets....we talking good old Combock Bettys.
Back up your choice with solid reasoning if that is possible for you :).
Include pics if you can.

Ding-ding-ding!!!

By the way this would be my guess.

SA-M7A1 from Arsenal Inc.
I have never owned a milled reciever AK but whenever I have picked one up the feel of it is awesome. The action is as smooth as a beautiful woman's freshly shaved legs. I believe it would well outlast me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
ak is a ak.. any ak is a good ak.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:23:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:54:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ak is a ak.. any ak is a good ak.

Not true, I've had a lot of AK's and since I got my Arsenal I can tell you from first hand experiance that Arsenal wins the "Badass AK" award hands down ...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:54:29 AM EDT
[#5]

The action is as smooth as a beautiful woman's freshly shaved legs

I thought you were going to say ass.  Not freshly shaved....just ass.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The action is as smooth as a beautiful woman's freshly shaved legs

I thought you were going to say ass.  Not freshly shaved....just ass.

LMAO if her ass has to be shaved, I'm staying away.

IOR setup from Romania and get a 1.1-4x with the illuminated CQB reticle

I'll have to do a search for that one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Arent arsenal guns made in the USA out of Bulgarian kits????? If it is I say it doesnt qualify as a combklock betty....Its a USA betty at best. Best AK out there is a Chinese PolyTech, of which I own one, also Norinco 84s is an excellent gun. Ive got a Polish underfolder with a OOW reiever so i dont think it would qualify either. Chinese all the way.

84S .223
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Any kit that was originally intended for the military when assembled by a GOOD builder or GOOD gunsmith.

SAM7s and pretty much ANY arsenal rifle are good bets.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#9]
What is the difference between the SA-M7A1 and the SA-M7 carbine? I see an optic rail and a flash hider..... Is that it?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't base an opinion on any of 'em. I don't own a 7.62x39 AK
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#11]
IMHO hands down I would say the PolyTech Lengends were the best.  

From what is currently available I would say it's a tossup between the VEPR II's:

and the Arsenal Bulgarians:

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I never really did get what the second lug was for. A light? I know the distance from the muzzle is good for a bayonet but why would you leave the threads exposed to put the bayonet back there? Someone explain it to this Polock.......
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I never really did get what the second lug was for. A light? I know the distance from the muzzle is good for a bayonet but why would you leave the threads exposed to put the bayonet back there? Someone explain it to this Polock.......

Well on the AK-74's it's there to mount the grenade launcher onto.
So I guess Arsenal is using the same idea.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well on the AK-74's it's there to mount the grenade launcher onto.
So I guess Arsenal is using the same idea.

Damned NFA laws, lol, I want a grenade launcher for my 74
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is the difference between the SA-M7A1 and the SA-M7 carbine? I see an optic rail and a flash hider..... Is that it?

The M7 Carbine has the Bulgarian standard length buttstock, and a threaded muzzle with the 14/1 LH threads.  The M7A1 and M7A1R have the longer US buttstock, and an AK-74 front sight assembly with the 24mm RH threads, with the bayonet lug on the front sight and an "accessory" lug on the gas block.

My SAM7 carbine can with a bayo lug, but it has that short stock. I not too sure If I like it....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine.  "This is my AK, there are many like it but this one is mine."  (If you're not a Marine this might go over your head.)

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Mine.  "This is my AK, there are many like it but this one is mine."  (If you're not a Marine this might go over your head.)

home.carolina.rr.com/rambosky/My%20AK.jpg

Nice Russian Red!! What model is that?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:28:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Arsenal SA93.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top