Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/10/2006 10:36:11 PM EST
FNG question here. I've got a Romy kit I'd like to build (1st time) and just need to know if I build it for myself never to be transferred to someone else do I have to pay the $200 ATF fee to remain legal? Does buying a premade receiver vs bending a flat make a difference from a legal standpoint? Thanks in advance for any help, the ATF site isn't real clear or maybe I just don't understand the "legaleze" language.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:17:15 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:33:12 AM EST
What me223 said, as long is it's not a SBR your good.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:10:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 5:11:13 AM EST by socandyman]
also its not legal to build a mg
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:56:54 AM EST
SBR? Don't understand the acronymh.gif
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:01:49 AM EST
Short Barreled Rifle?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:29:28 AM EST
you only have to pay tax on a "special rifle"
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:03:13 PM EST
So long as you do not intend to transfer the rifle when you make it, it is legal to build it. However, you cannot make a fully automatic rifle under any circumstances, and you must comply with all other federal laws (like 922r, which requires 6 U.S. made parts, 5 if your rifle does NOT have a muzzle device). Check out this forum and a few others. You'll find you can build your own AK from a flat with minimal cost and no paperwork. Priceless.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:02:31 PM EST
Thanks for the info guys
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:27:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By me223:
Hoe building is as addictive as crack!

Gotta keep the hoe's happy.
Top Top