Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/19/2008 3:27:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
recomend you stay away from them.  The extra thickness of the metal causes lots of fitting probs (triger and hammer pins too short etc.).  None of the indents are done.  I also hear welding the rails causes alot of warping.  but maybe you are a better welder than the person who said that.  In any case I think it is a neat idea.  just not thought out enough in this application.  Also Its almost the same price as a Nodak.  Definitely a nobrainer.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I would try one but that is after having built several using a jig and 100% receivers.  The very first attempts we made at bending a flat before I got the jig we tried doing something similar but never got one to work.  But that was because of the fact we used a Dremel and our lines were not very straight.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:34:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm with steve on this one. I built one on one of these, they are way more trouble than they're worth. I did it just as an experiment, I usually use flats.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top