Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Chinese
Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/12/2009 4:44:39 PM EST
Norinco underfolder.

It simply doesn't rotate upwards like on its European counterparts. Only difference I see is the "crossbar" has a tongue on it that seems to engage/hang on the hammer.

Is there really something different about the parts or is my failure all my own?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:12:32 AM EST
It swings up like the levers on any other AK. Sometimes they're really tight on the gas tube. Try holding the upper handguard and exerting pressure in different directions on the gas tube while trying to raise the lever. But not so much as you break-off the lever. It just needs to clear the lip on the gas tube to come off. It's one of those, "obviously it went on so it should come off" kind of things. You'll get it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:32:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2009 9:34:05 AM EST by singtoe]
Originally Posted By naloxone:
Norinco underfolder.

It simply doesn't rotate upwards like on its European counterparts. Only difference I see is the "crossbar" has a tongue on it that seems to engage/hang on the hammer.

Is there really something different about the parts or is my failure all my own?

Is the hammer in the fired position? This will give you cleaerance or you might have to push down on the trigger bar or hammer while pulling the safety up. If that doesn't work. You migh have to remove the sherpeards hook or spring and push the fcg pins out then the trigger and hammer will be outof the way. Then the safety lever will be able to swing up and in to position to remove.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 12:51:17 PM EST
(crap - for some reason, I was thinking of the gas tube lever - sorry!)
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 12:58:41 PM EST
I have to take the trigger out to swing up the saftey lever, no big deal.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:07:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2009 11:08:32 AM EST by buckshot1220]
Sounds like it has the full auto selector without the notch cut out to go around the semi disconnector. You will have to remove the retaining wire and FCG pins first and remove the safety last. Then, if you want, you can notch the lever to go around your disconnector to make installation/future service easier.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:47:34 PM EST
I looked into that on mine but I noticed my setup the safety has to be almost all the way down do fire, almost like if I had it in the full auto area it would still be on safe. I figured it was made that way to discourage full auto use. I sort of like it that way because if for some reason the lever isnt all the way down its still in safe. I did have to put a notch in the receiver baecuse when shot the lever would creep up, it never went high enough to go into safe but I have only put 100 rounds through it and felt the notch will keep it in place and not accidentally vibrate into safe when firing, thats probably the only negative, that and having to take the trigger out to get the lever out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:31:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By Mikegigabyte:
I looked into that on mine but I noticed my setup the safety has to be almost all the way down do fire, almost like if I had it in the full auto area it would still be on safe. I figured it was made that way to discourage full auto use. I sort of like it that way because if for some reason the lever isnt all the way down its still in safe. I did have to put a notch in the receiver baecuse when shot the lever would creep up, it never went high enough to go into safe but I have only put 100 rounds through it and felt the notch will keep it in place and not accidentally vibrate into safe when firing, thats probably the only negative, that and having to take the trigger out to get the lever out.

I was referring to notching the safety lever where it bumps the disconnector not the receiver or the the outside of the lever. As long as you got it all back together you're good to go.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:53:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By buckshot1220:
Originally Posted By Mikegigabyte:

I was referring to notching the safety lever where it bumps the disconnector not the receiver or the the outside of the lever. As long as you got it all back together you're good to go.

Mine does also, but then I rambled about the position of it too. I have to take the trigger out to remove the lever.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:08:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By naloxone:
Norinco underfolder.

The Chinese AKs are different than their Euro brethren. As stated above, have to pull the crook / pins to be able to remove the safety lever. 5 minutes with a dremel to notch out the "crossbar" (as you mention), is all that's needed to get it to function like a euro AK though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:39:28 AM EST
Any AK with a full auto selector will require removal of the fire control group first.

If it has been neutered for semi use then it should come out with no interference.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:02:51 AM EST
Instead of rotating it up, rotate it DOWN and rearward––intead of a 90 degree arc you will be making a backward 270 degree arc.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:30:49 PM EST
Whats the point in removing it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:20:34 PM EST
Originally Posted By dahugo:
Instead of rotating it up, rotate it DOWN and rearward––intead of a 90 degree arc you will be making a backward 270 degree arc.

This.
Just bend it outward momentarily to clear the saftey stop.
I have a Romy G kit that always catches catches on the disconnector, regardless of position, when I try to remove it the "normal" upward way.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top