Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 1:33:43 PM EDT
Alrighty, I've got everything I need now to ship my gear off to ORF to have my 74's built (pending heat treatment of the receivers).

I'm also going to talk to them about doing the conversion and re-finish on my MAK-90 and NHM-91's.

What I need to know is where to find the following parts before I ship the rifles off:

Slant brake for a MAK-90

US MADE authentic looking muzzle brake/nut for either an NHM-91 or an RPK (preferrably whatever is authentic for an RPK) - need two of these.

Replacement bipods for NHM-91 - does anyone make such a thing?  The stock bipods keep collapsing, and they suck.  If there's an OEM-fit bipod out there, that'd be great!

For the 74 builds, I've got:

Receivers
Bulgarian parts kit
Rivet set
Side rail + rivets
K-Var stock set (3 US)
RSA FCG + retainer bracket (3 US)
Kreb's Gas Piston (1 US)

Am I forgetting anything else?  I know I've gone over this a million times, just wanted to make sure that I'm not forgetting anything.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
OH YEAH.

Recoil buffers?  Any suggestions on which to get (not only for my 74's, but for my MAK and NHM)??
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Where can I get US-made muzzle nuts?

I've got a Russian Synthetic RPK stock set in Plum for my NHM-91 (pistol grip is US), RSA FCG, RSA Gas Piston, but I need one more US part for it, and that's looking like it needs to be the muzzle nut.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT.  Not trying to be annoying, just playing hell trying to find US-made RPK nuts...
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone has to know!

aa-ok.com/HiVel has non-US made parts, but that doesn't help.

If I can't find anything, I'll stick a US-made slant brake or something on them, I suppose, but surely someone here can bust out a link that I don't have yet!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Bipods:

I bought a Russian RPK bipod for a maddi RPK I was trying to get into 'true' form but the I.D. of the mount is too big for the smaller O.D. of the maddi barrel.  Got mine from K-var, so you may want to try them or you can make me an offer on mine - I dont need it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Right on...

I need two, so I'll check out K-Var.

Expect an email from me soon...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top