Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2003 8:35:40 AM EDT
I'm new to AK's...I'll just say that now.  I've built AR's and it seems as though AKs are a little harder to build.  ANyway, is there anybody that makes LE/Restricted stamped Ak's, or just stripped LE stamped receivers?

Apologies if this has been covered.  I want restricted one so I can throw on a side folder and flash suppressor and use it at work.

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Other than full auto weapons, I don't think anything like that realy exists.  Other than custom rifles, all most all have been imports from military factories overseas.

The Ak has never been much of a LEO weapon in the U.S.  There are better rifles for that purpose, and the public would go crazy if they saw cops carrying them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#2]
There are some departments that use AKs as their patrol carbine, usually the SAR-1, but those rifles are no different than those sold on the commercial market.  There really is little advantage to putting evil features on an AK as it is already compact, and noone really makes flash hiders for them. Semi autos don't really even need a muzzel break.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#3]
www.ak-103.com/nfa.html

this is the only thing I can think of at the moment.  I'm sure they can make you a semi-auto LEO ak no problem as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy an Sar and put the side folder on your self....And DO you REALLY need a flsh hider for WORK!!!, Come on now, being a cop doesnt invole trying to concele your position at night when tryin to fire at aircraft does it????
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]
i was just trying to figure out a way to get a side folder on an AK and get around the AWB.  With the LE stamp the ban does exist, kinda nice.

Just wondering ...is it OK to just put it on myself?  W/o the LE stamp and dumping a bunch of $$ on a pre-ban, wouldn't that violate the AWB?  Just checking, don't want to get jammed up.

As far as shooting at aircraft and needing a FH...it hasn't come up yet, but I'm ready.  Just kidding.  I carry an AR for duty, but playing with an AK and qualifying with to maintain duty status would be neat.  Besides all domestic law enforcement should practice with Johnny Jihad's weapon of choice.  Never know when you'll come into contact with one.

But then again I may be paranoid.  

thanks for your help gang,      stay safe
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say you would have to strart by getting a letter from your Cheif? stating it is OK for you to own such a weapon on behalf of your dept..

Though It seems lately that pre-ban ak prices are falling, I regularly see chi-com's in the 700 dollar range, You could get one of these then if you change jobs you can keep it...
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
that sounds like the way to go.  thanks for your help.  then i wouldn't need the LE stamp.  thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#8]
It soooo pisses me off that some can have weapons that others can't simply because of the line of work they choose.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top