Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/24/2003 12:07:45 AM EDT
Any of you gentlemen ever suppress your Krinkov?

I’ve been looking at different web sites for suppressors and came across a Krinkov suppressor in both 7.62 and 5.45 on the Advanced Armament Corp. site.

I barely have the cash to buy ammo and this list of stuff I need gets longer every day.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless yor Krink is a pre-ban or Full-auto, or AOW, you can't put a suppresor on it...Our freinds at the ATF says a suppresor is also a flash hider...sorry
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Fake suppressors are okay, right? As long as the rifle meets the length requirements and the fake suppressor is welded on, it should be legal...check you local laws foist!

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]
wow, that link showed a REAL silencer.   Definately illegal.  You need special papers for that baby!

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The A.A.C. Krinkov suppressors are great! My 5.45 can has over 5,000 rds. through it. It's a little discolored but funtions fine. The 7.62 is still a little harsh but much better than without it.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Good suppressors are really cool! A guy was at my range last month with Rem700 in 30.06 that had a big can on the end. Pulling the trigger made a sound like disconnecting the chuck from an air tool, followed a second later by a very loud crack as the bullet hit the rock wall several hundred yards out. Impressive...
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
wow, that link showed a REAL silencer.   Definately illegal.  You need special papers for that baby!

even if you did the papers putting it on a post-ban semi auto assualt weapon would be illegal, it's also a flash hider...
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Troy,

Do you think having a bit longer barrel like the AK-104 would help with quieting that bad boy down?

Suppressors are legal in 35 States; one just has to jump through all the hoops required by the ATFe.

As far as legalities go. A person would…

Need to have a registered MG. More than likely that’s not going to be possible for me.

Need to have a pre-ban weapon, then you can have a flash hider=suppressor

Use a thumbhole stock so there is no pistol grip protruding conspicuously below the receiver. A la M1A

What we really need though is the AWB to go away and leave us alone. That’s probably the only way I’ll ever wind up with a suppressed AK.

My plan would be: buy a post-ban weapon now, pray to the gun gods that the ban goes away in 11 months. Register the weapon as an SBR, have it converted into a Krink or 104/105. purchase suppressor(s) for new SBR(s)

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually, It would be louder. The bullet developes more velocity and is harder to suppress.

Troy
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Just thinking about the arfs.

My little Gemtech M4-96C on a 10-inch barrel is still quite loud, but on a 20-inch barrel it is much quieter (to the shooter)

Out of either barrel it is going to be supersonic so you’re going to get the sonic crack.

I was thinking along the same line as a 10-inch unsuppressed arf is much louder than a 20-inch unsuppressed arf (haven’t had too much experience with the AKs).

Best regards, J
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top