Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/9/2004 1:20:26 PM EDT
Anyone know the laws pertaining to civilian being able to purchase or build an SBR in Missouri. I am interested in building a Krinkov but I need to find out the state laws first here in Missouri before I start. I know what the Federal Laws say but was wondering about State laws and just wanted to see if anyone here has done it before or where I would look for info.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:39:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:44:56 PM EDT
So we can only have SBRs that are considered C&Rs ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:21:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:41:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:
yes. check the batfe site for the current c&r listings.

Incorrect. You need a C&R license in order to have an SBR, but the gun itself does not have to be a C&R gun. MO requires you to have an FFL to own NFA items and the C&R is cheapest and easiest to get, thus the so-called "C&R requirement". However our own HKocher has an SBR HK94 and several other Missouri members have SBR'ed AR15s from CMMG.

Best way to go about doing it is to buy the receiver, send off the form 1, and wait for your SBR paperwork to come back. Then, with paperwork in hand, send the receiver off to be built as an SBR from the get-go instead of starting with a 16 inch barrel and having to chop it later on.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:00:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:05:48 PM EDT
P.S. There are some nice complete Krinkov SBR's for sale at Ozark Armory. Don't know if they have a webpage or not. They had one in .223 awhile back that was neato frito.
Top Top