Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 6:31:32 AM EDT
I am relativly new to the AK world, other than playing with them in the sadbox, and would like to build a Krink.  If I buy a kit from K-Var, reciever,  and get a fake can to conform with NFA rules what else do I need to complete this kit.  Any help or links are appreciated.

Thanks,
BJohnson
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
you should really build atleast 1 rifle befor you try a krink
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Socandyman,

Is a krink more difficult than a regular AK or just more expensive if I dick it up?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I think SoCandy recomend you build another rifle kit first so you have some build experience with a cheap kit before you start with a 500.00 kit. Each time you build one you refine your process. Some people are able to do it "right" the first time. Some of us need a little practice first. Good luck with you build man. Its a great fealing when it works and you did it yourself.

My first build

My third build

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
what zap said
its better to have an o shit on a $150 gun instead of a $700

also you said you where gonna get 1 from kvar
and the sidefolders are harder
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
yea, you can learn on 5 romanians for the price of one krink.

IT took me....to many... to get it perfect.

Wish you luck.

And if you want some helpfull advise, read for about two months, two hour a day before you start doing any metal working on anything.

here, on pookie's and on akfiles.com and any other place you can find. there are a lot of good tutorials out there.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top