Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 7:46:05 AM EDT
I have decided to purchase an AK variant and have narrowed the choices down to either a Krebs Custom model or one of the AK USA 103 models.  Any suggestions on which one to purchase?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have decided to purchase an AK variant and have narrowed the choices down to either a Krebs Custom model or one of the AK USA 103 models.  Any suggestions on which one to purchase?

sandblaster,
I don't know enough to have an opinion but I too am interested in the opinions of those more qualified and am following your thread.

What caliber is the AK USA 103 and are you looking at a rifle or carbine ??

(Never mind on the caliber as I've checked the site - 7.62X39.)
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the AK103 from AKUSA. Chris does an excellent build and the customer service he offers is outstanding. Plus he has a new finish that he is using that looks like the real Russian finish. I can not say enough about the AK103 and AK74 build that I purchased from him. Here is a pic of mine that I have they both have the old finish on them plus the camera sucks. Hope you like.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow! those are very nice! those are pretty much the only real russian AKs available right now correct? I have to get one!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would go with the AK103 from AKUSA. Chris does an excellent build and the customer service he offers is outstanding. Plus he has a new finish that he is using that looks like the real Russian finish. I can not say enough about the AK103 and AK74 build that I purchased from him. Here is a pic of mine that I have they both have the old finish on them plus the camera sucks. Hope you like.

www.photocountry.com/users/10452/AK47-AK74.jpg

Schmidt,
the AKUSA site doesn't show any calibers available but the 7.62X39 and the .223 - unless I don't know where to look ??
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
If you email Chris, or click on his 'Services' page, you'll get info and costs on 74 builds in 5.45.  The Gallery is chock-full-o-pics of various rifles in different configs.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you email Chris, or click on his 'Services' page, you'll get info and costs on 74 builds in 5.45.  The Gallery is chock-full-o-pics of various rifles in different configs.

take care,
Tec

Got it and thanks !
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not own nor have I ever even handled a Krebs AK, I do have fairly extensive trigger time with an AK-103K that Chris from AK-USA built for me.  Matter of fact, I was one of the first people to buy one I believe.  I have a detailed review of mine on Chris' website as well.  I had an SAR-1 converted to look like an AK-103K as well by a well-known AK smith (well, well known for being a crook now).  The AK-USA was by far superior to the SAR-1.  I'm a big believer in customer service and I can't say enough good things about Chris.  Very easy to get a hold of and very thorough.  After many a round through my AK-103K from AK-USA it just keeps getting better.  Accuracey through mine is truley superb as well.  I don't think you would displeased with either from what I've learned however.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top