Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/9/2006 1:26:25 PM EDT
I went down to Knob Creek for the first time this weekend. There was a guy there selling unsanitized plum Russkie '74 mags for $10 a pop. He had a huge box of them. I should have bought more than the 6 I did!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, spent a few minutes rummaging around.  Wish I'd brought money.  Some real nice ones in there.  Highlight for me was playing with that SIG552.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't rent any guns. The prices are insane. There was also a brand new Tantal for $550 and some Romy RPK parts sats with matching numbers for $300. I really need to get into the kit building thing bad.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish I had more $$$
Would have snagged more of those Russkie plums. . .
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The same guys had 40 round steel mags for $20, the new smoke ProMags for $15 or 2 for $25, and Tantal steel mags for $30. They had new Romy SF stocks for $60. I also got some of the USGI AR mags for $10. They had good deals on mags, but when I go to gun shows, I end up being kind of a tightwad. I should have bought 20 or 25 of those plums.

I just wiped mine down and there are very, very few scrathes in the bodys, but the black paint is worn off the edges of the floorplates. They're all 'arrow-in-triangle'.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The same guys had 40 round steel mags for $20, the new smoke ProMags for $15 or 2 for $25, and Tantal steel mags for $30.

I found a place that had the steel Tantal mags for $15, and bought two. They're in great shape.

I just wiped mine down and there are very, very few scrathes in the bodys, but the black paint is worn off the edges of the floorplates. They're all 'arrow-in-triangle'.

I rummaged through the big box o' plums (that was Copes Dist., BTW) and picked four good ones for myself.  They cleaned up really nicely; two of 'em are like new. The table where I got two Izhevsk-marked bakelite -74 mags for $15 apiece, also had a 4-pack of plums for $75, but I don't think the condition was any better than the ones I pulled out of the bargain bin.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I didn't rent any guns. The prices are insane. There was also a brand new Tantal for $550 and some Romy RPK parts sats with matching numbers for $300. I really need to get into the kit building thing bad.

Who had the RPK kits?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Those are all good prices but look and you can find most of the same items online for the same price, or at least close to it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#8]
How about ammo? Any good shit there?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL one guy had 500 round cases of Brown Bear 7.62 for $100.

I don't know who had the RPKs for 300, but they had a bunch of other kits and were in a small white tent close to the upper range.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF!

I heard they say that is a 800 table show! How large was it???
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I got 2 of the plum mags that have some markings written on then can anyone translate them if I post a pick? One has a swastika with skinhead under it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:58:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I, personally, wasn't impressed with the show. It's better than what we have locally because there's no 'sporting' guns, but the physical size was not impressive.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:17:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I, personally, wasn't impressed with the show. It's better than what we have locally because there's no 'sporting' guns, but the physical size was not impressive.

Not sure what you mean, Chris. Your disappointment from there being no hunting arms, or that it was too small or smaller than you expected, or that it was a "flea market" type of show?

Not being facetious here, as I have never been to the Creek, but appreciate your, and other guys review of it
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Was anyone there on Friday? I was there Saturday and couldnt find a single M91/30 or Yugo M59/66 SKS for sale as they were in the past. I heard they all sold on Friday... Did get some nice blackjack AK buffers and a US complient break for my romy 47 project tho. Still, would have liked to go home with a pair of 91/30's and a pair of M59/66's.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:08:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Was anyone there on Friday? I was there Saturday and couldnt find a single M91/30 or Yugo M59/66 SKS for sale as they were in the past. I heard they all sold on Friday... Did get some nice blackjack AK buffers and a US complient break for my romy 47 project tho. Still, would have liked to go home with a pair of 91/30's and a pair of M59/66's.

I did'nt go but if past proformance was anything like last time. You were probably was at the wrong tent. You should have been at Coles.

I just reread your post. Friday would have been the day to pick up thode rifles. Coles usually has a tent full of rhem. Generally they will be gone by 1600 Friday.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top