AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 12:37:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a FAL ...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
AND some German G3 mag pouches, good choice dude!....I love my FAL!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe that's called "A show of force."
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Peace through superior firepower ...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I was listening to Bill O'Riley today.  Was pretty funny, he said that there as no more argument against the 2nd ammendment and that previously he had no need or want for guns.

However, now he is going out and getting a gun.  To bad he lives in NY.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Hello lamppost,
what you knowin'?
Come to watch your flowers growin'.
Aint you got no rhymes for me?

Do it do do do
Feelin Groovy!

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was listening to Bill O'Riley today.  Was pretty funny, he said that there as no more argument against the 2nd ammendment and that previously he had no need or want for guns.

However, now he is going out and getting a gun.  To bad he lives in NY.

thats one of the most encouraging things i've heard from this whole thing.
god knows it doesn't make me feel to comfortable with our government, not any of them.

hopefully this will help end the anti-gun movement. unfortunately, i see the anti-gun people using those idiots who shot at cops and rescue choppers as an excuse to try and ban them more.

i hope the people who are trying to stop the looters aren't stopping them from food/water.
trying to survive isn't a crime. stealing tvs...yeh. well.... lock and load.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:03:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Now that they are ordering the mandatory evac of NO.  The guy will either need to stash his FAL or hand it over to the National Guard (or whoever) when he leaves.  You know they will never allow honest folk to keep their weapons with them in the shelters.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#10]
hes a contractor! hes not going anywhere
contractor are going down there through companies like Blackwater and they are allowed to bring their own weapons
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#11]
What use does any law-abiding citizen have for a military-style assault rifle ?
Er... um...uh...ok  

Unfortunately, the liberals will go right back to demonizing guns at their first chance.
However, situations like these do offer some practical proof as to what most of us gun-nuts
try to tell people all the time.  

NRA membership $35
FAL                       $800
Being absolutely certain that YOUR store won't be looted...    priceless.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I am a gun nut too and my home is well defended but what is it you people do not understand? if you are running around that city or standing outside your shop gaurding it with an assault type rifle and do not posess the proper credentials then you will be shot! MARSHAL LAW means something!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Too Cool!!!!!   FAL!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I am a gun nut too and my home is well defended but what is it you people do not understand? if you are running around that city or standing outside your shop gaurding it with an assault type rifle and do not posess the proper credentials then you will be shot! MARSHAL LAW means something!

Marshal law was never declared, and regardless, after all the news stories about armed people i seriously doubt the national guard and police are going around shooting everyone with a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#15]
hey templer,
I love the new picture in the corner! "this is my boom stick!" "shop smart.shop S-Mart."
                                                R1150R
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted: MARSHAL LAW means something!

So does spelling.

Look over on the 'Files, that guy is a cop down there, one of the regulars over there who used to be a New Orleans cop  originally owned  (possibly built, can't remember) that rifle a few years back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Marshal law was never declared, and regardless, after all the news stories about armed people i seriously doubt the national guard and police are going around shooting everyone with a firearm.

Ok bro if you say so!  I guess you havent seen that 3 star general on TV yet...that kinda means something,...and you would be very suprised at what we are doing down here...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ok bro if you say so!  I guess you havent seen that 3 star general on TV yet...that kinda means something,...and you would be very suprised at what we are doing down here...

The city mayor declared martial law, but he doesnt have the authority to. The governor never has. The national guard and military can opperate without martial law being in effect.

slate.msn.com/id/2125584/

There you go, bro.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Mannn, I wish he would have been holding an AK-47!!!
FAL is cool, but its not evil enough...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Obviously you cant read between the lines Bro!
Martial law occurs when the military assumes police powers because local authorities and courts aren't functioning. Although the president usually imposes martial law, federal regulation allows for a "local commander" to do so "on the spot, if the circumstances demand immediate action." Federal armed forces are expected to relinquish these powers as soon as the local government is once again operable. During martial law, the military may arrest and try civilians, seize private property, and institute curfews, among other emergency powers.
I guess the military here is just an olusion....

hmmmmmmmmmm.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#22]
If you want to argue semantics and legalities you're going to get shot down. It may look and appear to be martial law, but the LEGAL FACT of the matter is it is not.

The guard and military are still working under the control of the local and state authorities. Until THEY are the sole authority in new orleans, it is not martial law.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#23]
dude...you and I both know what the paperwork says but if you were down here and saw the type of operations going on...its marshal Law...
Im not trying to be an ass with you...but the press do a shity job reporting things and the govt does a good job of covering up. just the term itself scares the hell out of some groups of people
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#24]
No doubt about it,.........Its definately a Military Operation.The Police may be assisting,but the Military is in charge.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top