Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/9/2012 6:47:26 AM EDT
Can the tritium be replaced in these? Also, where did they go?  Kalinka doesn't carry them anymore.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I know of a couple people that replace tritium vials, I'll pick their brains to see if they can replace Kashtan dials.

Go on GunBroker and look for a seller by the name of   ok131583  for Russian optics.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. That's the only place I can find them as well.  Don't let ok131583 know that though
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks. That's the only place I can find them as well.  Don't let ok131583 know that though

Oleg will do lay aways.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can the tritium be replaced in these? Also, where did they go?  Kalinka doesn't carry them anymore.

My understanding is that the manufacturer wanted far too much for subsequent shipments so Kalinka said no thanks.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Why Kalinka is so rude with customers when asking about the scopes or whatever they are selling? I have asked few questions from different things in different times and they answer like in a rude way.  I also do the public option question so people can get advantages the questions and answers and Kalinka blocks some questions so it will no go to public.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Did we ever find out if the tritium could get replaced?  If it can't, I'll go with a PO 3.5
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did we ever find out if the tritium could get replaced?  If it can't, I'll go with a PO 3.5

It can be replaced. but the only problem is that you have to send the scope to the manufacturer in Russia. I hope someone work on these here in the US soon. I don't have the kashtan but I have the Obzor 1p63.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's the reason why I went with the PO 3.5x21P. I can replace the batteries myself. I like Kashtan, but given the cost and the inability to service it here in the States, I'll probably not buy one.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The PO 3.5 is big and heavy, but it's FOV and crystal clear glass are second to none.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The PO 3.5 is big and heavy, but it's FOV and crystal clear glass are second to none.  

I agree, I had the PO 3.5 and found it to be a good bench rest optic. Sold it for the Kashtan and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

True. It is heavier than Kashtan, but it is not too bad. My SLR-106CR with PO 3.5, unloaded Beryl mag, fake muzzle sleeve, and Attero mount with Primary Arms reflex sight weighs 9.4 lbs.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:48:38 AM EDT
[#12]
For me, the perfect home for my PO 3.5 is my M72 RPK.  The weight of the PO is of no consequence with that rifle and the two go together well.

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the replies everybody.  One more, how old are the Kashtan's? Tritium has a half life of 12 years, how long ago were the sights made that we are seeing in the states?

Edit: Found it, looks like the first ones that made it over a few years back were made in late 2009.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies everybody.  One more, how old are the Kashtan's? Tritium has a half life of 12 years, how long ago were the sights made that we are seeing in the states?

Edit: Found it, looks like the first ones that made it over a few years back were made in late 2009.

I had the first one to come in the country and it was made in Oct 2009.  They are all current production.  I would recommend it over the PO.  It is lighter and less obtrusive.  The tritium will last awhile and even when it dies the sight is very usable.  By then, maybe there will be a way to re-light them.  Regardless, it is not a deal breaker....for me at least.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had the first one to come in the country and it was made in Oct 2009.  They are all current production.  I would recommend it over the PO.  It is lighter and less obtrusive.  The tritium will last awhile and even when it dies the sight is very usable.  By then, maybe there will be a way to re-light them.  Regardless, it is not a deal breaker....for me at least.

Yup, I just pulled the trigger on one. Pics to come soon!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Woohoo, got it yesterday.  It's actually nicer than I expected. The glass is really clear.  The tritium isn't quite as bright as I expected but it more than works. Mine was manufactured in 2010 so I should have a good decade before it half life's.  

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top