Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2013 5:47:15 PM EDT
Does anyone know if K-Var gives Ar15.com membership discounts, NRA, or American Legion discounts? Planning to make a purchase soon. Would appreciate any info about the company as well. Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They had a few coupon codes last year, but appear to have wiped them all out once the current AWB panic started and theyr realized they could easily get top dollar for everything without any extra incentive to buy. Capitalism 101.

Link Posted: 3/13/2013 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the heads up...
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#3]
K-Var allegedly gives a 7% discount for being an AKFiles member.  I'm a member, but couldn't figure out how to get the discount.  I wrote a note on my last order asking about the discount, but did not receive a reply OR the discount.  Also, K-Var has been substituting inexpensive Bulgarian pistol grips into their expensive US stock sets.  I couldn't find a 'US' marking on the grip and wrote K-Var about it.  They replied with a location, but a different mark was there instead ("1 / 2") - others have identified this mark as Bulgarian.  I've since seen pictures of more than one AK that is outfitted with a K-Var US stock set that has the same grip marking.  I discovered this last week, and believe my AK is non-922r compliant as a result.  I have a US Tapco flash hider on the way just to cover myself.  I notified K-Var about the grip marking twice, and requested an immediate US-made replacement, but have received no response.  I'm quickly becoming a non-fan of K-Var.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply...

I recently made an online order with them and the shipment arrived well packed and was sent in two days. I'm only 400 miles away, so that may account for the lightening fast delivery. I plan to follow up on the member discount rumor, because it could mean the difference between a 2k order or only a 1k sale. So far I've been very pleased with K-Var products and my dealings with them. From my direct contact with them, I'd avoid trying to communicate by email since everyone in the industry is innondated by requests at this point. Talk directly with Michelle in the customer service dept. and she will work with any reasonable customer requests. I bet she's heard it all lately, but she is extremely personable and can resolve most issues. The customer service lines open an hour after they open at 7 am. (That means 8 am PST) Let us know what you find out. Knowledge is power & anything is possible.

Looking forward to more posts here ;)

Best Regards
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
K-Var allegedly gives a 7% discount for being an AKFiles member.  I'm a member, but couldn't figure out how to get the discount.  I wrote a note on my last order asking about the discount, but did not receive a reply OR the discount.  Also, K-Var has been substituting inexpensive Bulgarian pistol grips into their expensive US stock sets.  I couldn't find a 'US' marking on the grip and wrote K-Var about it.  They replied with a location, but a different mark was there instead ("1 / 2") - others have identified this mark as Bulgarian.  I've since seen pictures of more than one AK that is outfitted with a K-Var US stock set that has the same grip marking.  I discovered this last week, and believe my AK is non-922r compliant as a result.  I have a US Tapco flash hider on the way just to cover myself.  I notified K-Var about the grip marking twice, and requested an immediate US-made replacement, but have received no response.  I'm quickly becoming a non-fan of K-Var.

for almost 10 years i had a 7% discount for being a MIG/ETA forum member, then i changed my email address just before the panic and poof discount vanished.  wish i could get it back, that 7% helps offset shipping.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

for almost 10 years i had a 7% discount for being a MIG/ETA forum member, then i changed my email address just before the panic and poof discount vanished.  wish i could get it back, that 7% helps offset shipping.

I don't think they don't give that discount to anyone anymore. My Email has not changed but, I don't get the MIG/ETA discount. Looking back on my order history, the last time I got it was July 2012. The next order in Aug did not show it nor has any order since then.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Atlantic Firearms (vendor at Arfcom) has a discount for members but you need to email them

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/158_Atlantic_Firearms.html
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Atlantic Firearms (vendor at Arfcom) has a discount for members but you need to email them

I remember Atlantic offering free shipping to ARFCOM members in the past when buying guns, but am not sure if they do any more. At least when I bought my Vepr 12 a couple months ago, I asked by email, and they were not willing to offer it to me.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember Atlantic offering free shipping to ARFCOM members in the past when buying guns, but am not sure if they do any more. At least when I bought my Vepr 12 a couple months ago, I asked by email, and they were not willing to offer it to me.

Around November, I received 10% off and free shipping but the order was $2k.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Around November, I received 10% off and free shipping but the order was $2k.

Personally, I think that Atlantic did not want to offer it to me on the Vepr 12 because they were a very hot item. Their 1st and 2nd batches were $1k, then the panic hit, and they knew they could sell anything and everything for top dollar, so why offer free shipping on anything when the added incentive was not necessary. But that's just a guess.

Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#11]
If you were a business owner would you offer free shipping for an item that you could barley keep in stock?
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you were a business owner would you offer free shipping for an item that you could barley keep in stock?

If my standard policy was to offer a certain group of customers free shipping, then I would offer free shipping to them, rather than change my policy when demand exploded. I acknowledge that Atlantic is a reputable vendor, and respect the fact that they may run their business any way they want to. I was merely expressing an opinion. During the recent panic, most vendors chose to price gouge, while a few did not. I respect these vendors, will continue to buy from them, and always try to refer others to them.

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a free mag and free shipping on my vepr 12's nevermind, that was for being a member of saiga 12

Atlantic has one of the best customer services in the business, im not kissing up, they went above and beyond to help me out.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top