Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/1/2002 1:43:44 PM EDT
I am relatively new to the board and the search feature is still down, so please forgive me if this has been asked time and time again:

Has anyone out there bought & used the "bullpup conversion" that K-VAR sells? I've seen it advertised and toyed with the idea for years, but have been hesitant to take the plunge. Any advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:55:21 PM EDT
It would be cool to try it out with a SAR or beat up Maadi rifle (if you can find one). I wouldn't get near it with a nice AK though.

-SS
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 4:33:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:38:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:
the triggers suck. the forward linkage is not very well designed.

CAMPY... what would it take to re-engineer the trigger linkage? What would a better design be? Cuz, I am really hooked on this 7.62 AK Bullpup concept. I might even try to come up with an SKS Bullpup design.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:39:17 AM EDT
The SKS bullpup has been tried and tried, always running into problems. There is a web site somewhere all about all the attempts w/cool pictures of prototypes.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 9:16:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 9:55:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:01:59 PM EDT
I had a Chinese one I got last year. I kept it about two months, and I'm a HUGE bullpup fan. I shot about 200 rounds through it. The sights were useless, the trigger was terrible, and it was quite heavy (all sheetmetal). The folding fore grip was cool. Overall, I'd give it an "A" for idea, and a "D" for execution. I couldn't justify keeping an expensive rifle that I didn't plan on every playing with.

Kvars looks even worse. Someone needs to make a nice clamshell polymer AK bullpup. That thing would sell like gangbusters!

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 2:21:00 PM EDT
Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I have several AK variants lying around - some I love and some I want to change - but I think I'll hold off on "bullpupping" any of them for the moment. I'll probably just buy new furniture for a couple of them, instead. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 2:51:18 PM EDT
Here is a pretty nice SKS bullpup

Top Top