Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/22/2005 11:56:52 AM EDT
I just ordered some magazines from K-var and they only allow 4 per customer.

It's no big secret that everyone and their brother reads these posts, so I thought I would just come out and ask....

How can I get 4 more mags ?... I just wanted 8 anyway.

I don't plan on reselling, I just want 8 of their mags.

Will they ship to me if I order a few days later, or would I have to have them shipped under a different name or address ?

Just wonderinng what you fellas do in this case....

?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Have your wife or parents order some..

Or your cat..

For years, my grandmother received Magazine subscriptions from Readers Digest in the cats name.. From all their gimmicks, she ended up being barred or something...

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
That's funny about your grandmother's cat  

Me and my dad have the same name, so I may have my brother-in-law order some for me... he just lives about 2 miles from me so that would be the best deal.

I wonder what would happen if I tried to order some using the name " Pussy Cat "  

I know why they have a minimum, but they have to understand that hoarders and small time dealers will find a way  

Kinda hurts us folks that just want mags for personal use  

Thanks Stottman
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
are these 5.56 mags?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#4]
No, the 7.62  30round waffle mags... they are in stock now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't that more of a 'maximum' than a 'minimum'?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Isn't that more of a 'maximum' than a 'minimum'?  

Yeah... it is.

Like those damn speed "Limit" signs    

Do not go below 55, that sounds reasonable, right ?

Crazy America  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I think their maximum quantity order is plain stupid. What if someone wants to ordern 20 of them just to keep for personal use! They cant. And K-Var fucks itself.
The guy that wanted to get 20 mags will go and buy 30 metal mags, cos he doesn't wanto spend 5 times the shipping.
I like Arsenal/K-Var but they sometimes they make the worst marketing turns ever...

PS: And if someone wants to resell the magazines, so what? You have already made YOUR profit... Profit is profit, no matter to who or how you sell it as long its not illegal of course. Capitalism...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I understand where you are coming from. But you got to understand their point of view and others. What if they got in 100 bulgarian krinks and you were the first order and said I will take them all. Kinda got to spread the wealth. But to me they seem jacked up in another way. Was it just me or did yall notice how they sold out of everything overnight. I can't wait to see everything magically appear for twice the price. That is with their kits.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I think their intent is to keep a single guy from coming in and buying every mag they have and then turning around and selling them for twice the price, a lot of guys would do it if they had the chance ...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Very true robot....

Since these will be my first 30 round waffle mags I will have to see exactly how much lighter they are than the steel mags.

I'm new to AKs and such, so when I bought my AK  I had Templar send me 4 steel mags with it (plus k-var was out at the time) ... and let me tell you, that bitch is heavy as shit.

I'd be glad to save an ounce if I could because I'm no "He Man" and that milled AK with loaded steel 30rounders can get pretty darn heavy.

I don't know.... That "maximum" thing irritates me, but there are ways around it.... it will cost more, but if I want the mags then I have to anty up.

I'll wait to see if these mags suit me before I buy anymore through my family members...

I guess I will either have to start lifting weights or pay the extra price for lighter mags  

Ha....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Bones, send me a check for $13.00 and I'll mail you a new waffle mag to try out.

Gotta help a newbie out.  

Now you tell me  

I just got a UPS e-mail notification from K-VAR, they shipped out my 4 waffle mags today  

Damnit !

BTW:  Those steel mags are hella good mags... I just wanted to try out the waffles ya know  

I also got me some carry'n pouches too  

Templar, you can send me 13.00 bucks and I'll send you that 5 rounder that my SAM-7A1R came with.... deal  ?

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I really appreciate the offer..... [cough] late offer [/cough]

J/K

I'm really enjoying my AK, plus I have one of those polish underfolder kits ordered... so I will need the mags anyway.

AKs are just so much fun.... Why don't they teach this stuff in grade school  ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Dang, I was just about to offer you a trade of Polish polymer mags too
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I would try to split the order as well.. Order some using a CC, maybe send in a MO for another.. I dont think they check that kind of stuff very well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#17]
How does their forum 7% discount work. I have never seen it show up in the shopping cart, just the old 2%?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
How does their forum 7% discount work. I have never seen it show up in the shopping cart, just the old 2%?

You need to be a member of their forum. Go to the K-Var site and click on Forum and join there. Then when you make your orders it will ask you at the checkout if you are a member and you click on the forum member link ...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny, after I buy something, people crawl out of the woodwork trying to give me stuff and try to trade as well  

Also, the discount is right there when you order... you are just plain stupid ( not implied ) if you don't see it in your order...
It says something to the effect of  " want XXX discount, click here and join our forums "... for what I ordered I think I got a decent deal... although they ass rape you on the shipping  

Damn, now I'm starting to complain like an AKophile  

JK

Now all I need is a 5.45 side folder kit (triangle stock, no tantal), can anyone point me in the right direction for that... while I'm at it ?

Thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
you are just plain stupid ( not implied ) if you don't see it in your order..

Well thanks for being just a plain .... ah nevermind.

I haven't bought anything from Kvar. I was looking to buy a kit awhile back and the discount didn't show up in my cart, so I passed on it(didn't really need it anyways)
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry, at the time they may not have had it show up right in the middle of the order....

I wasn't trying to be an ahh nevermind  

Yeah it would be nice if they still had some nice kits for sale, but all they have left is a 400 dollar side folder kit, which you can almost buy a built AK for that so they are going to have to drop the price on those kits if they want to sell them.

I'm just gonna hold out for some Arsenal stamped sidefolders I recon...

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#22]
couldn't you just place two separate orders?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#23]
It's marketing, baby-and K-VAR is good at it!!  By putting a limit on you all (capatilists) it makes you want more!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
couldn't you just place two separate orders?

Not sure, this was my first K-var purchase....

It said limited to 4 "per customer", so I assume that 2 seperate orders wont fly.

I may wait a week or two and give it another go  

No big deal though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Bones 21,

Just place another order!  They will sell you four more, I promise.  The limit is just  4 per order.  
Before they ran out this last time, I tried to order ten.  K-Var called me and said that there was a limit of 4, so I placed two separate orders.  Viola.  
-JD
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks HotLead...

If everyone here can restrain themselves from buying all the waffle mags... then I will get 4 more after my first order arrives.

Which should be... let me see.... next Monday, shit !

If I could get an iPod shipped directly from Taiwan to my door in less than 3 days, you'd think that I could get 4 mags and 2 pouches here in less than a week, but I guess not  

Oops, I'm bitching again  

I'll give these mags a run through when they get here , then get some more ASAP, thanks HL.

-bones
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#27]
What are the mags selling for now plus shipping ??
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#28]
16.99 for the mags.... before discounts.

Hard to tell on the actual mag cost and shipping because of the discounts that are added in the shopping cart.

I'd guess an even 16 bucks a mag shipped or something to that effect...

Please don't make me go do the math  

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
That's funny about your grandmother's cat  

Me and my dad have the same name, so I may have my brother-in-law order some for me... he just lives about 2 miles from me so that would be the best deal.

I wonder what would happen if I tried to order some using the name " Pussy Cat "  

I know why they have a minimum, but they have to understand that hoarders and small time dealers will find a way  

Kinda hurts us folks that just want mags for personal use  

Thanks Stottman

My friend joined a CD club under his ferret's name "Weaser"
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
16.99 for the mags.... before discounts.

Hard to tell on the actual mag cost and shipping because of the discounts that are added in the shopping cart.

I'd guess an even 16 bucks a mag shipped or something to that effect...

Please don't make me go do the math  

No problem bones..I just bought a few extras with a SAM7 I am waiting on for 10 a piece which I thought was a good price because they are not even that cheap on the shows.

Good to hear they are shipping again..they are the best ones out there.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top