BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/31/2003 1:01:05 PM EDT
This is REDSTAR from AK net. I lost my password to my REDSTAR name here a long time ago so I signed up under this account awhile back.

Anyway, I received a letter today from the KAG that states they siezed over 200 rifles, parts kits and assorted parts from informers business on May 22. They sent a form to identify your property so they can return it. There's alot of info in the letter which I wont go into here but suffice it to say if you have something with informer, the KAG has it now. You can also choose to have him continue the work on it. The action was civil in nature not criminal, and informer is cooperating.

I'll try to scan a copy of the letter and post it on AK net GD tomorrow sometime since there's so much info in there regarding whats going on right now and why they did this.

I'm only posting this for the benefit of people who have stuff with him and may not be in contact with the KAG and don't go to the AK net. If you need to move, delete or do whatever to this thread then go for it.

REDSTAR
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Redstar if your info is true....Thank you for shareing it with us...WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Your welcome, of course it's true. Here's the thread at AK net I posted. Other people will chime in who get the letters and thats where I'll scan a copy tomorrow if someone else doesn't do it first. Very interesting letter. I dont have a scanner at home I have to borrow my dads tomorrow or I'd post it now.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121965
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
uuuuuhh... Campy, I think you've got the wrong guy, I don't have a dog in this hunt.

03shooter.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
No problem, I just didn't want to take credit for someone elses deeds.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not surprised that the KAG didn't press criminal charges.  How could they?  I mean the guy was shipping out SOME rifles.  So he was just incompetent and gave false deadlines.  If that was ILLEGAL then 3/4 of the contractors in America would be in prison.

If it were any other product I doubt that the KAG would have done ANYTHING.  The only reason that they acted was that some guy had 200-300 AK's laying around his mobile home.  They were terrified of the possible newspaper headlines which could have been generated if someone had broken in and stolen those guns.

The headlines would have looked like this:

HUNDREDS OF LETHAL AK-47 ASSAULT RIFLES DUMPED ONTO KANSAS STREETS........ KAG had been warned of the illegal arms cache but had refused to act.......

Get it?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Iam surprised the KAG is not filing criminal charges. Lets see I paid 500.00 to get a complete Krink. Now it seems I will be "Lucky" to get my parts back. Seems like theft to me. Or was I paying 500.00 for storage for 18 months?

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I suspect criminal charges will be filed before the Rodeo is over. I disagree SS - With the buisness practices that GG was using I think the KAG would have shutdown a fruit Stand.

Campy I think the screen name your looking for was oughtsix- he was banned here I think. Bluewhistler started busting GGs chops two years ago, he was banned here also.

I got the letter - I have not forgotten GG accomplices in his frauds - nor will I ever.

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#11]
This might be almost comical, but are you the same 'redstar' guy over at ak-47.net (C&R dude?) that had a hand in my banning there over a year ago for metioning Gary?

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if GG was calling them whiners and complainers as they were packing up the stuff ?

The only service I want GG to finish, is to use his sphincter to press on a gas block for me, while I hold the rifle:)
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Tec9, Yes, I'm the redstar from Ak-47 net who started the CR forums over there with zouave and I was involved with arguing with you in threads at the time but for the record I didn't ban you nor did I have a say in your banning, that was before the circular board of inqusition or whatever you guys like to call it that I currently spend alot of my time on trying to be fair to people.  Anyway adios, I wasn't here to chat argue or explain myself I just wanted to give a heads up for other informer customers here. I wont be back. Thanks for posting that letter madness now I dont have to drive over to my dad's and scan it.

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Dude, I don't mind if you stay, just thought it was ironic.  Live and let live.  Thanks for the info.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Tec9 I didn't mean it like that, but thanks for saying that. I have no hard feelings with anyone. I said adios because I don't get over here because I'm too busy on the other site.
By the way madness, if you object to me lifting your copy of the letter and posting it over there let me know and I'll still scan my copy tomorrow for over there. But considering trying getting the word out to people who aren't aware of this I didnt think you would mind. Send me an email if you want me to remove it.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:29:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
By the way madness, if you object to me lifting your copy of the letter and posting it over there let me know and I'll still scan my copy tomorrow for over there. But considering trying getting the word out to people who aren't aware of this I didnt think you would mind. Send me an email if you want me to remove it.

No problem. Glad I could be of some help.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:31:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Because for it to be fraud he had to INTEND at the time that he took your money not to do the project.  If he was even turning out 2-3 rifles a month it would be impossible to PROVE that he INTENDED to convert your money and goods for his own use.   That's just not possible given this set of circumstances.  The fact that his business went south doesn't establish the mens rea of intent.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:33:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Tec9, Yes, I'm the redstar from Ak-47 net who started the CR forums over there with zouave and I was involved with arguing with you in threads at the time but for the record I didn't ban you nor did I have a say in your banning, that was before the circular board of inqusition or whatever you guys like to call it that I currently spend alot of my time on trying to be fair to people.

You AK-47.net guys and your board of inquisition are a bunch of homos.  And no your board never banned me.  I was banned by Dip-Shit a long time ago just pointing out that he was fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Tec Nine,

I have a nice printed copy of the threads where Troy Sellars and I were banned on AK-47 Nutz for the SAI debacle.  I keep it for times just like this.......When I come back home from the desert, I'll make you a copy and mail it to you.

Also, the speaking piece of circular furniture is nothing more than an attempt by David Thornton, I mean Pete Solis, I mean Boatcunt to get some of the guilt off his shoulders before the RICO squad takes Guns Net down for complicity in the SAI debacle....

KF
"Still Deployed"
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I will voice my protest that the original SAI thread was locked.  Fair enough you did tack it, but I feel it should never have been locked seeing as so many members still had issues with this vendor.   There...now I feel better!

Regards,
Gary

PS...no great conspiracy theories here mind you...I just feel you made a very poor choice.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#24]

I thought it was a little premature to lock that thread too.

I received a letter yesterday from the Kansas Attorney General.

This really sucks. I had a promised (yeah, I know) date of return for the week of 6/23/03.

I'm pretty trusting, some would say gullible.

I honestly thought that this was gonna' be it. I thought that with all the pressure being exerted and all the stories of rifles being returned to their owners, that GG was trying to finish up backlogged work. I was finally going to get my rifle back.

I guess it was too good to be true.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Big thanks to M4 for all the typing of the letter! Very nice to see a genuinely new piece of news and progress on the mess. The wheels of justice may turn slowly but they do turn. I just hope that guns/parts can get sent back this summer, without waiting for all the other issues to also get dragged through the process.

Guess I need to get back to work on SAI logo stencils for painting on appliances at BFest.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This really sucks. I had a promised (yeah, I know) date of return for the week of 6/23/03.

Don't worry..I had a date of May 24..Probably was never gonna happen..it's best this way.

My guess is that KAG was first and foremost concerned about getting the parts back, and the second stage will be organizing money owed, and then they will file for that.  Even if one person is still owed money, KAG pretty much has to act..it's my guess that they will try to get it in one lump sum, and distribute refunds themselves.

take care,
Tec

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#29]
It was me. I had heard enough of the praise of GG and I didn't think the intent of the tacked thread was to bolster his reputation. There was nothing "NEW" being posted and I had thought that it had run it's course. We wanted it to serve as a caveat, for others to see of the mess he had created.

Please feel free to continue these discussions here in the GD forum and if Juan gets angry, we will deal with him. We consider this important news, and it may stay active here. Let us just try to keep it "focused" in a few threads, rather than 10 or 20, all in the GD forum.

Agreed?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#30]
KAG Letter from M4Madness thread.............

May 28, 2003

Re: Wabaunsee County District Court File No. 03-2047

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

On May 21, 2003, this office filed a Petition in the District Court of Wabaunsee County, Kansas against Gary Gucciano d/b/a Solstice Arms. That petition alleged that Mr. Gucciano had violated the Kansas Consumer Protection Act in several respects. The gravamen of the action is that Mr. Gucciano makes willful use of exaggeration, falsehood or innuendo in communicating to consumers his ability to provide the services he advertises and/or the status of consumers' projects. In addition, the petition alleges that Mr. Gucciano engages in retaliatory conduct against consumers who filed complaints with this office by either delaying the return of property or refusing to warrant work performed. Proceedings under the KCPA are civil in nature, not criminal.

When we filed the petition, this office applied for an immediate order of sequestration. The Court granted that order and, on May 22, 2003, agents of this office went to Mr. Gucciano's place of business and took possession of over two-hundred rifles, parts kits and miscellaneous parts which Mr. Gucciano indicated belonged to consumers. That property is being held in a secure location. If the matter is contested, we may be required to hold the property as evidence until the conclusion of trial.

After being served with the Petition and Order of Sequestration, Mr. Gucciano indicated a willingness to resolve the matter without contesting the allegations of the Petition. ln short, this means that we expect to reach a settlement with Mr. Gucciano in the very near future. If that happens, we will be able to begin returning this property shortly after such a resolution is approved by the Court.

The best estimate I can give at this time is that, if everything is resolved by agreement between the parties, we can begin returning property on or before July 1, 2003. If we do not resolve the matter by agreement, it may be as long as several months before a trial is scheduled.

In filing this action, we have authority to have the court declare a number of remedies. In addition to enjoining the deceptive practices in the future and any civil penalties that we may request, we can ask the court to award consumer restitution. There are two parts to that restitution. First, if you sent property to Mr. Gucciano that cannot be found, we can ask the court to award you the value of that property. The second part is if you sent money to Mr. Gucciano to perform services, but no (or incomplete) services were rendered. In that event, even if we return your property to you, if you sent money and didn't receive all of the services you paid for, you must let us know the amount so that we can present that amount to the District Court. Mr. Gucciano has indicated that he is willing to perform services if you still want him to do so. If so, you should indicate that to us.

We have enclosed a statement that you should review and return to us as soon as possible. There are two parts to the statement. You should first describe the property you provided to Mr. Gucciano, including copies of any proof of delivery to him. Also, this is the area to indicate if money was paid and whetherthe services were performed. Second, you should indicate to us what you want us to do with any property we may be holding that belongs to you. It is important to indicate any special rules which may apply to the return of your property. All property will be returned in accordance with any applicable state or federal laws.

Should you have questions, feel free to contact me. The best method for doing so is to send me an e-mail at [email protected]..

Sincerely,

OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
PHILL KLINE

James R. McCabria
Assistant Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Thank you very much for your explanation.  I now understand why you did what you did.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is my only concern:

I sent no rifle or parts to SAI, only money orders totaling $605. SAI was to supply all parts and labor for a AK-103 built on Russian parts, with a Russian optic rail, and a RSA trigger group. Obviously, the KAG has seized all rifles from SAI's shop, but how do they verify which one is mine? SAI was to provide the receiver, so I do not know my serial number. The completed rifle was to be sent to my local FFL for transfer to me. The KAG letter states that if my rifle is not found that I will be awarded a full refund. Will it be found?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#33]
it probably all depends if he is cooperative and helpful with KAG and actually ordered your parts,I would like to hope that he followed through with his deal with you and had spent your $$ on your parts,..how long has he had your $$ ? hopefully he kept good records and you stuff will be able to be identified from the rest..I got my letter today from KAG and will be filling it out and faxing it tomorrow for the parts and Dollars he stiffed me on..

good luck!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Can anyone tell me what the dolts over on AK47.net are saying about all this?  Seeing as I was banned over there I can't see all the shucking and jiving that no doubt must be transpiring.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Here is my only concern:

I sent no rifle or parts to SAI, only money orders totaling $605. SAI was to supply all parts and labor for a AK-103 built on Russian parts, with a Russian optic rail, and a RSA trigger group. Obviously, the KAG has seized all rifles from SAI's shop, but how do they verify which one is mine? SAI was to provide the receiver, so I do not know my serial number. The completed rifle was to be sent to my local FFL for transfer to me. The KAG letter states that if my rifle is not found that I will be awarded a full refund. Will it be found?

If you did not send him a firearm, there most likely is no firearm.  I hope you sent the money order in the form of a postal money order, have receipts (your copy of P.O. money order) and obviously you sent it through the U.S. Mail.  GG probably has no tangible assets and nothing that can be forfeited to be sold off in order to pay judgements.  You likely will not be able to get a refund of the money order because the person that cashed it was the designated payee.  If he cashed it at the Bridal shop, a case could be made that there is a co-mingling of funds to further a criminal fraud or enterprise (money laundering). Grandpa's Bridal Wear and Assault Weapon shop could be seized (farfetched). His broken down trailer and the SAI chicken coop probably is in his barefoot and pregnant common-law wifes name and will not be seized. GG could be charged in Federal Court for wire fraud/mail fraud and end up being a celly with Keith Baranski/Chief Thunder and get a royal bitch slapping, get punked out by the Mexican Mafia (EME) and end up paying restitution to everyone he ripped off from his prison wages of  $0.14 an hour cleaning the cell block. That money won't go too far with all the claimants to his attempt to defraud people.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey Krink,

I have an email From Gooch stating you got stiffed on your parts because you contacted EE for help...He said he did the same to me also...I just haven't got around to fowarding it to the KAG yet..
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hey Krink,

I have an email From Gooch stating you got stiffed on your parts because you contacted EE for help...He said he did the same to me also...I just haven't got around to fowarding it to the KAG yet..

If you really have an email from GG stating that he is keeping your parts that would lead to a charge of "theft by conversion".
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:18:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Can anyone tell me what the dolts over on AK47.net are saying about all this?  Seeing as I was banned over there I can't see all the shucking and jiving that no doubt must be transpiring.

Regards,
Gary

Pretty much the same thing thats going on here, but without all the name calling.

My understanding is that the KAG is going to try to get everyones things back to them first and then go after the money. The KAG made a point of stating that this is a civil matter and not a criminal one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:28:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Hey d&ts, you need to send that to KAG ASAP so that they can put it in the witch's brew. They need to know anything that he has done to hinder the execution of their agreement with them.

I finally got my rifles back, so I can't really make any claims, but I am sending my correspondence with him to KAG all the same. The AMD-65 was missing my pre-ban SA-85 numbered top cover, the pistol grips, and the AMD 800M rear sight. It was also bent at the rear sling swivel to the point that the carrier would bind. He kept my SA-85 semi parts and put in the F/A parts, which caused the hammer to follow the bolt home upon chambering, potentially causing and out-of-battery ignition. I finally got the selector converted to the semi pattern so it works now, but I had to order another AMD kit to get the rest of my parts. If I had known all this was going to happen, I would have just saved the conversion on the pre-ban Hungarian and used a post ban.

I know GG is going to write me about this post since he has his punks who report everything that is said about him on the net. I don't care, since I am blocking his e-mails anyway.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
How long has he had your $$$?

Since November 19, 2001.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#41]
BRM308,

I was finally able to access the AK-47.Net site while at work today.  I marvel at the "Casablanca-Like" reaction over there.  What I find most appauling is that no one holds them accountable.  Perhaps this is because they ban all those like me who attempted to force them to stand up.  All that is left there are lemmings.  

The SAI debacle was the creation of all those who thought of only themselves and no one else, who denied the truth of what was truely happening, who felt it was best to stay silent and not warn others in return for better treatment at the expense of our community and lastly those who still to this day feel that what was done to so many by this so called smith were just the actions of a poor businessman trying to make a buck.  Shame on you who I described above.  You know who you are.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The KAG made a point of stating that this is a civil matter and not a criminal one.

The KAG has pretty much indicated from early on that this particular action is civil and not criminal.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#43]
LD I don't know who's accountable over there or why. Its their board and they can run it how they choose. I'm not saying the owners/mods are blameless, but as you know Gary has a good line of patter which is believable because he believes it himself.Nomatter how much I'd like to turn around and point fingers, hell, he was rcomended by just about every board around. Not just AK 47. The only person to blame for this is Gary, he managed to dig this hole all by himself.Since the KAG has taken over its all academic now.If the owners or mods over there knew what was going on and keeping silent then they have to live with themselves. I'm not going to dwell on it. Just shake the dust of SAI off your coat and march on.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:32:51 AM EDT
[#44]

bulletslap:
"Campy I think the screen name your looking for was oughtsix- he was banned here I think. Bluewhistler started busting GGs chops two years ago, he was banned here also."

Yes, I was banned here back in November for posting about GG & SAI.  However, the mod that banned me did so on the basis of info received from a mod at another board, who said my post about Gary was "a pack of lies".  Of course, everything I said turned out to be all too true.  I requested to be reinstated here a few weeks ago after pointing out that I had been truthful, and the mods here agreed.

The only good thing I see about this situation is that it now appears that people will get their stuff back after all.  I just hope the KAG's Office has prevented Gary from taking on new business, at least for the time being.  Gary needs to spend all of his time meeting any remaining obligations to existing customers.  With the good press SAI got from David Fortier's article in SGN, it would be all to easy for Gary to be right back in the same spot in a few months, buried in more work than he could ever hope to complete in the next couple years.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:41:36 AM EDT
[#45]
I would like to start a list of money that Guchi Goo owes his customers....
Please make this a sticky, so we can have an idea of what Gary stole from me and my comrades :(

1. AC_Doctor 02-09-01  $200.00
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Please make this a sticky, so we can have an idea of what Gary stole from me and my comrades :(

Gary sent my rifle back, untouched, but stiffed me for a GT trigger group and my $140 payment for work.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Property will not be returned if Gary decides to take this matter to a jury trial. All recovered firearms and parts will be kept as evidence until the Gooch signs on the dotted line, or is found guilty by a jury trial.
This could take years.  I guess a couple of more years wouldn't hurt too much, since I have been waitng for 3 years already :(

Is this what you call an ultra-secure gunsmith firearms storage facility ????

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#48]
So what are all the CA people going to do? Are you going to let GG finsih the work or do you want your stuff back?

I am a little scared that the KAG might make people who demand their rifles back take another background check. If that is the case, who in CA would do that for restricted firearms???

The rifle I sent to GG (I just sent him the barreled receiver- no other parts) is registered... and someone suggested that I just talk to the DOJ and see what they can do.

Also, I had GG permanently attach a muzzle brake to my postban rifle (it has a threaded barrel and a brake that was supposed to be "permanently attached" fell off a few years ago). I doubt he even attached it. What I'm worried about is if I demand my rifle back straight from the KAG... will the ATF come busting in my door since I have a threaded barrel on a postban???
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Man, that's a bummer.  I really didn't get ripped off because he is just a minor paint bubble away from having mine completed.  How do I know that?  Gary told me that in November of 2001.  He wouldn't lie to me, would he?

I really hope he takes this thing to a jury trial.  Seems to me he's getting off pretty light with this KAG action.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Since July of last year I've been told that it shouldn't be any more than two weeks.  Gary has a Krink and a bunch of parts of mine as well as $325 of mine.  Since Gary isn't taking on new work,  I can't see how is is paying bills and have pretty much written off what he owe's me.  Since my Gun is NFA,  I trully want to get it back as well as my "parts".  I've been demanding that my parts be sent to me since last November and have received nothing but broken promises.  Since Gary is unwilling to send them back,  I consider it stolen.  I contacted the Sheriff but they refused to take a case and referred me back to the KAG.  I hope to get my stuff back quick, but if Gary decides to be stupid again and not take the KAG deal,  I wouldn't mind waiting a year or two longer knowing the Gary would be picking up Bubba's soap.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top