Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2003 8:54:09 PM EDT
Hope I did the right thing I don't like crude  weapons,but a friend of mine says it's a good plinker.I wont have this blow up on me will I? Just the thought of stamped metal and all and not being a AMERICAN RIFLE.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You have made a wise choice. YEah its not a work of art, but its a damn fine rifle. Blowing up on you? I really really doubt it. Dont worry about it.

Let us know when you get a range report!

Have fun!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I didnt know SAR-1's were still legal in NJ..
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I had a dealer check with the AG and he said ok we talked to state police and as long as it is a SAR we are ok.I could not believe it either.Hope I wont have any trouble with it shooting and all thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Have fun with it.

NEVER be wery of an AK no matter where it has been made.

AKs are clunky, they rattle, and hold up even after being scratched (something a AR can't do).

Replace or modify the trigger and sear to remove the trigger slap thing (don't know what I am talking aobut?  You will soon, within 4 magazines)

Learn to bump fire the AK, buy more magazines, and optics, then more magazines and a drum...

Refinish the wood (it finishes up very well) and mabey even refinish the metal.  I'm thinking of a powdercoat.
I am going to build a M700PoliceClone.  His gun is powdercoated.
img.ranchoweb.com/images/762x51/full2.jpg
img.ranchoweb.com/images/762x51/finish2.jpg
Once I buy one....

But never worry about them blowing up

Did I mention that you cannot have enough magazines?

BISHOP
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Strangely with all the reservations you have displayed you have perhaps made the best rifle purchase of your life.  It won't complain, ever.  It will shoot some of the cheapest centerfire ammo on the planet and thank you for it.  It will give you at least as good in the accuracy department as a stock AR off hand. It is more rugged than you are likely willing to find out.  It requires little care, and it should outlive you by a century or so with only moderate cleaning with any CLP you like.  With a few extra bucks invested in a mojo peep site and a redstar trigger it will be even better and might make your overpriced guns jelous.

Good luck, although now that you have moved over to real firearms you will no longer need it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all I just felt maybe like I cheated being a ar fan and love American stuff switching over ya know makes a Patriot like me feel strange.I take all into heart and first chance I get and shoot it and learn it well.SEMPER FI BOB
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

NEVER be wery of an AK no matter where it has been made.

Does that apply if the receiver says "Hesse" ?

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
AKs are clunky, they rattle, and hold up even after being scratched (something a AR can't do).

My AR's have lots of scratches .  Working just fine....

Have fun with the AK Bob.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a candidate for AK Annonomus.(sp). Where is Maynard when you need him. I'm not a prophet nor the son of one, but I see many more AKs in your future. Welcome to the DarkSide.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks I purchased from FAC and can't wait to get off work and shoot.It's just a little hard coming over but you all made me feel welcome and I trust your judgement of the weapon.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top