Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:52:38 PM EDT
So had day off of work and stopped by hardware store and picked up a dermal kit. Polished the entire FCG and in the groove where the bolt rides in the carrier. Used the little carbide bit to smooth out the edges and all where the bolt rides. Also, polished the bolt edges where it rides in the carrier and what not and touched the extractor finger. I used the polishing compound and polishing wheel that came in the kit. Now cycling rounds through by hand the round chambers but the extractor doesn't catch onto the the case. I was cycling the action very quickly by hand and it was happening once in awhile not every time. I don't know the next time I'll be out to a range until spring. Anyone ever run into this issue or herd  such? Its a wasr gp10\63 bought last year never had one issue with it. Love it
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If you didn't damage the extractor then it may just have debris from the steel or compound in the extractor channel or on the spring causing it to stick a bit. Try spraying it out with cleaner or take the extractor and spring out and clean them out. Will prolly fix your problem.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup just tore the bolt down and cleaned everything now slides over case fine for now lol.  Thank you
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear it. I've done my fair share of polishing on my aks and that compound flying around will gum up everything inside of the action. Glad she works again.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you think about hitting the feeding ramp with the polishing wheel? I dont want to cause and issue because it works fine. I know I should leave it alone but you know idle hands is the devils playground lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you know idle hands is the devils playground lol
View Quote

Shooting in the winter is a lot of fun too.
The kids & I like shooting frozen water jugs, the ice flys when hit.
Just fill up a few old milk jugs with water & let them sit outside over night.
Then you will be cleaning after shooting & not taking a chance of doing something to your guns that cleaning can't fix.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh id love to blown up frozen milk jugs but I dont know anyone with property here in northeast ohio. I just moved here a few months ago and a few guys I work with have guns but arent really into it or have land. Where I came from in upstate ny I could go shoot whenever I felt like and shoot all kinds of stuff. But ny is not a gun friendly state now and id rather live in a free cheaper state. Though I still donate money to the tremond lawyers filing lawsuits against the ny safe act. The only gun range I go to is an hour from me, has range officers and is stict, as well as closed from jan-march
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a Draco that would not cycle a round by hand, & would jam. But before I freaked, I decided to wait until I got it to the range. Once there, the gun functioned PERFECTLY. So don't worry about your gun until you shoot it.  GARY
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Exactly my thoughts! Thanks Gary
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top