Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:22:58 PM EDT
I ordered an Armory USA pistol receiver for my Krink build back in early November. I ordered it with the "pistol" stamp and with the trigger guard already installed.  It is just the standard 1.0mm receiver. Well, it FINALLY came in today. Total price.... $179!!!!! Can you beleive that shit!! That is rediculous. For waiting that long, they should have gave me a hell of a discount! I don't care how good of a receiver it is, they won't get my business again.

Kris
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I sense you don't know anything about anyone who has actually been raped, or you wouldn't throw around that term so loosely.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I sense you don't know anything about anyone who has actually been raped, or you wouldn't throw around that term so loosely.

Well for as much as I just paid for it, I feel kinda violated. Plus, it's a joke.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That is a bit steep, did u supply them the trigger guard and stop? Did they at least put the modusa on the bottom?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]
But didn't you know the price when you bought it?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That is a bit steep, did u supply them the trigger guard and stop? Did they at least put the modusa on the bottom?

They supplied the trigger guard. I'm not sure what modusa is, so I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
But didn't you know the price when you bought it?

I thought it was going to be about $130 or so, but never received an exact price. I guess I'll ask next time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got raped on a Armory USA receiver!!

Rape is no laughing matter, unless your raping a clown honk
duped
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They supplied the trigger guard. I'm not sure what modusa is, so I'm not sure.

The model number and the serial number thats on the side, did they put it on the bottom, i know you can custom order one of their receivers with that information on the bottom in front of the mag well and its an additional 50 bucks or so. If they did do that then i understand their price, if not you got screwed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well for as much as I just paid for it, I feel kinda violated. Plus, it's a joke.

pretty easy to tell

BTW I bought a reciever for 50 bucks from a friend.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered 2 receivers from them. The total came to over $300. Still waiting on one of the receivers. And they forgot to put the info on the bottom on the receiver that I have received.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]
God I hope they put the stuff on the bottom and supplied the trunnions. I have seen them for 150+ tax for the trunnions and trigger guard installed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got a 1.0 mm Type 3 (G/T trigger guard and saftey stop installed) and parkerized for $112
No special engraving.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered mine the middle of sept and got them them the first of Jan,but I prepaid so cost wasnt a surprise
but i was beginning to wonder if I would ever get them
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I ordered mine the middle of sept and got them them the first of Jan,but I prepaid so cost wasnt a surprise
but i was beginning to wonder if I would ever get them

My FFL called them and asked what the problem was. They told him (while I was standing right there) that thier oven they use for tempering went down and they replaced it with a much larger oven so that they can step up production.

On a side note, I found out my FFL charges $50 for a transfer!! That's crazy. I guess the price of the receiver wasn't that bad if you figure that it only cost $139.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I still kick myself for not buying more of the Hesse AK receivers when they were 4 for $100.

4 for $100!!! I wish I would have known about that. I know Hesse's quality ain't the best, but for $25 each, I wouldn't complain.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#17]
You should change your title to reflect that you got screwed by your FFL!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Rape can have more than one meaning and definition. Does not always mean the sexual rape of someone. Kinda like the word "gay" has evolved to mean homosexuals but has other definitions.

tr.v. raped, rap·ing, rapes

1. To force (another person) to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse; commit rape on.
  2. To seize and carry off by force.
  3. To plunder or pillage.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I concur.  I suggest carrying some vaseline with you at all times.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

On a side note, I found out my FFL charges $50 for a transfer!! That's crazy. I guess the price of the receiver wasn't that bad if you figure that it only cost $139.

Are you any where near Clinton Township?
Harder Auto parts does transfers cheap.

And to repeat Neutrino45's question, you didn't ask the FFL how much a transfer was?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Main Entry: rape
Function: noun
1 : an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Main Entry: rape
Function: noun
1 : an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force

The actual word in question is "raped". Which is a transitive verb expressing an action carried from the subject to the object; requiring a direct object to complete meaning.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow. Never thought this would turn into a grammar debate.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Words have many meanings sometimes and your use of "raped" was used in correct context. Just some people have some sensitivity issues pouring into the board IMHO.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Words have many meanings sometimes and your use of "raped" was used in correct context. Just some people have some sensitivity issues pouring into the board IMHO.

Hootbro

Its seems to have been consensual .
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
<snip> Total price.... $179!!!!! Can you beleive that shit!! That is rediculous. <snip>

<snip>
On a side note, I found out my FFL charges $50 for a transfer!! That's crazy. I guess the price of the receiver wasn't that bad if you figure that it only cost $139

Let's turn this into a math debate. 179-50=129
Woohoo, it was even cheaper than you thought! LOL
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Did your receiver include the jar of vaseline so  it wouldnt hurt so bad when they F---ed you...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Or that you should have been smart enough to ask what the transfer cost was BEFORE using him as your FFL.  Sorry to hear about your receiver costing so much, but it sounds like you made an awful lot of assumptions without actually doing your homework. Chalk it up to experience.  

On the upside, at least you finally got your GT reciever!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The actual word in question is "raped". Which is a transitive verb expressing an action carried from the subject to the object; requiring a direct object to complete meaning.

Hootbro

Correct, I screwed up the "function" part when I copied and pasted, but the definition as I entered it is still correct.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top