Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2003 9:48:06 PM EDT
Anybody have any Mags/accessories/addons for this little Shotgun??..Or know where to buy em??..It sure shoots good...Eats about any ammo I can feed it....Anybody know the quirks of this  Scattergun??..Thanks for any info..:-)
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and if I remember right I got the extra mags at CDNN.  

Enjoy!  Mine hasn't missed a beat yet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey JT!!...Did you get the one with factory chokes??..mine is the 19" with Imp cyl...Whats the best chokes to install on this SG??CDNN is in Abilene Tx,rt??..
I'm looking for the Izhmash Pistol grip for it,too..but the dealer is out of stock...
Thanks for the info..:-)
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently bought one of the Saiga-12 shotguns with a threaded 19" barrel and finally got out to the range with it over the weekend. I took it to our local sporting clays club and had a go at this. While I realize this gun is not meant for such uses with a cylinder bore, it still seemed to do just fine.

Now let me state that I am not a shotgunner and had previously only shot sporting clays once before. And that must have been six or seven years ago. I have spent very little time on the trap and skeet range. Almost all my shotgun experience has been in the defensive arena with slugs and buckshot. Still, I shot a 50, which I think is pretty good given my level of experience.

Now with that out of the way I'll tell you I had a blast with the Saiga! The gun ran perfectly with cheap Winchester #8's and Estate #8's and busted birds when I did my part. I found the magazines very useful because I could enter each shooting position with two magazines of five shells and leave each position when both mags were empty.  The range I was on doesn't allow a loaded gun to be moved between stations so shooting both mags dry worked out fine.

I need to get a modified tube for the Saiga and some 7 1/2 shells and have another go.

EEA Corp. shows the different choke tubes for sale on their website.  I got an extra magazine when I bought the shotgun so I haven't been looking for a supplier but I seem to remember Kiesler's Wholesale carrying then for $20 or so.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations; you've stumbled on one of the great "sleeper" guns currently available! On pure cycle speed, the Saiga-12 gives the vaunted Benelli a run for its money (and could do much better if it wasn't for the crappy trigger that comes standard).

I got a quote from Marc Krebs to install a modified AK-74 front sight tower on the barrel and an AR-style adjustable peep sight on the receiver cover. if I choose to have that done, I'll slap a SureFire universal light on the barrel and retire my 11-87P... I like the Saiga THAT much.

Unfortunately, StarLynx, adding a pistol grip to the Saiga-12 is not legal at this time, due to the way the AW ban is worded for shotguns. Your detachable mag is your allowable Evil Feature. That changes next September, of course, assuming the AWB is not replaced. At that time, I plan to convert my S-12 to pistol-grip configuration and add an RPB skeleton stock and a G2 trigger group.

For more Saiga-12 info, check out the dedicated forum at www.forum.saiga-12.com

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
If not the pistol grip, couldn't you go through the motions of the conversion and put a thumbhole stock on it? Like from Choate or Advanced Tech? Anything is better than the factory stock.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#6]
ACE gunstocks says they have some stuff in the works for these guns.  The guy I talked to said he didn't want to spill the beans because they are awaiting patents on some of the stuff.  Anwyay, he says the Saiga parts will be avialable this Spring.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Kewl!!...Hope thats not just a rumor..I emailed em awhile back for some Info...& stated they did not have anything @ this time...:-)
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#8]
[
Unfortunately, StarLynx, adding a pistol grip to the Saiga-12 is not legal at this time, due to the way the AW ban is worded for shotguns. Your detachable mag is your allowable Evil Feature. That changes next September, of course, assuming the AWB is not replaced. At that time, I plan to convert my S-12 to pistol-grip configuration and add an RPB skeleton stock and a G2 trigger group.

For more Saiga-12 info, check out the dedicated forum at www.forum.saiga-12.com

Thanks again ,Guys..for all the info.....Been REALLY lovie'n shoot'n this lil Saiga12.Been scare'n the hell out of some Texas dove..:-)
..Shooter....Yup..know what'cha mean about the ATF thing on the Pistol Grips...Pretty stupid law IN my own honest opinion..But I've tagged it with my Carry Tac Equipment..& My job allows for it...I bet it would make a great entry tool with that pistol grip attached..:-)
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top