Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/1/2005 7:29:56 AM EDT
I got my first build (standard Romanian) out for it's test fire this weekend. It functioned flawlessly. I couldn't do anything to MAKE it malfunction! What a gun. Hey....off topic, why is it that some ranges don't allow you to shoot FMJ ammo? That makes NO sense to me at all....and this was an outdoor range! What, are they afraid it's going to damage the mound of dirt backstop??

Anyway, it's official. I have a real AK on my hands now and I couldn't have done it without this forum. This is the absolute best single source of AK information on the web. I didn't know the first thing about building a weapon when I got here. I'm leaving with a much better technical understanding of the AK and all firearms for that matter. I've got one more kit I'm going to do (Polish Tantal) and then I think I might try an FN/FAL build. I hear those are harder, but I'm willing to give it a try thanks to the shot of confidence I got from you guys.

Best wishes to you all.

Heavyweight
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:37:18 AM EDT
Congrat! now pix please!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:26:36 AM EDT
Some ranges think that may have steel core and could spark and cause fire if outdoors.
Top Top