AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 4:51:13 AM EDT
No decoder ring necessary for this one.

@uck me? No. @uck you

jwdeadmarsh

Trader Rating: (0)

What would you think of a...  
company that charges your credit card after you've cancelled your order, refuses to refund your money, and after a half-dozen phone calls and promises remains a thief and keeps your money?

I just thought you'd like to know my experiences with JoeKen starting last April.....BEWARE!!!

PS: I'll get a reply to this comment from JoeKen saying to email me so we can straighten this out. I'll email as always, but from experiences past, they won't come through with the refund.

-------------------------

grobinson2
Executive Member

Trader Rating: (1)

I think....  
I think you are most likely full of crap and are just trying to start trouble! When have you talked to Andrew and what was his response? How did you go about "supposedly" canceling your order and what has been the response from JoeKen? Have you posted before and have you asked for help from the guys here in the past?

Thanks,
Glenn

--------------------------------

jwdeadmarsh

I am NOT trying...  
to start trouble. I cancelled my order to JoeKen on May 20th of this year. It was for a Polish kit that was on backorder. I called JoeKen and told them to cancel my order as I had found a kit in stock at Global Trading. Three days later my credit card was charged for $167.98.

I called JoeKen and they said they would return my money - they did not. I called again a week later - same results. I emailed - no response.

FYI, my order number was 5823.

In June, I called again and was told that somehow my invoice had been misplaced or some such excuse and was again told my money would be refunded - it was not done...

So, I wrote letters to the Arizona Better Business Bureau, my credit card company, and the Attorney General of Arizona. The BBB responded that they had contacted JoeKen, but got no help from them to fix the problem. The AG office said that the amount of money was not large enough for them to take further action, but they would file the report or future reference. Check with the BBB if you doubt my claims...

Now, what else can a guy do to get his money back? I tried all the routes I can think of - phone calls, emails, third parties and have had no success. About the best I can do now is to warn others that I do not feel this company is a responsible entity.

What would you do, Sir? I have not called names or belittled this forum or you. I have only stated the facts as they are, and I will continue to warn others about companies that are a poor representative in the gun idustry.

FWIW, I am a gunsmith and a NRA member in good standing for thirty years. In over thirty years buying, fixing, trading, and assembling firearms, this is the first time I have been deceived by a business in the industry, and I'm not going to roll over and just give them my money.

My next step will be to take them to small claims court when I get down to visit relatives in Arizona this winter. That should end the matter, but it will not end the reputation I have garnered from this company.

Best Regards:

Dead

---------------------------

patm41
Executive Member

Dead
I had problems with them too.. i ordered a couple recievers , waited a month for them.. I called and canciled my order and ordered from another supplier.. I recieved the recievers from
the other supplier in a weeks time , but the very next day the order i canciled,, showed up. and credit card was charged..

Seens kinda funny that when you cancil a order and get the
name of the person you talk to ,,, when you call back and ask why the order was shipped and talk to the same guy he knows
nothing about it...

At least i got what i wanted only now i have 2 extra .. was no big
deal except for the paperwork mess ...

Now ill turn this thread over to grobinson2,, and he will tell you all about Andrew over at JoeKen and how good he is dealing with customer problems...

-----------------------------

pantera_351
Executive Member

Trader Rating: (4)

Guns Network
Contributor

Hmmm... well I too am having a problem. When I was there I paid them cash for a receiver and filled out the yellow form. They called it in and it was delayed (O.K. not their fault, but was a first for me) Now I have a Paid receipt with the serial number on it, a cleared receiver with my name to the feds on it , And No receiver or money. (Well Andrew goofed no biggie and had the wrong receiver. I needed a 5.45 and he held the 7.62) They were suppossed to send a check, guess what? I got squat. They are now ignoring my emails.
The punch line: I have ordered through Ohio Ord. and have allready got the receiver 3 days ago. Joke n is still trying to figure things out.

No need to butt in grobinson, this is between I and joeken.
The bummer is, that tommorow morning we are heading to Vegas. wont be back untill next week.
So I have to drop this receipt off in the am before heading out. Thats no biggie I know most of the guys at the police department from my business days, They have since moved up in rank so I don't know the few new guys. But they are all pretty nice guys.
Cya

-------------------------

Rod MI
Executive Member

Trader Rating: (2)

Contact your credit card and file a complaint and they will revers the charges!

-------------------------------

grobinson2
Executive Member

Starting Trouble!  
pantera_351,
Please kindly go fuck you’re self for I can but in any time I damn well please! I understand you guys are frustrated and all but there is a right and a wrong way to handle things. The bitching and moaning on here would be funny if not for the fact that there is a small chance it could affect someone’s business. Some of you are like little kids whining to there moms. It would take 5 min to read some of the posts to see who you really need to contact. Or you could even post the question and I am sure someone on here (myself or another helpful member) would give you Andrews contact info. Then you could contact the one person that could and would help you. If he didn’t then call your CC company. Don’t act like some little ignorant kid that does not know how to dress him self take care of things and stop belly aching about it! Once again I can understand why in some cases it is frustrating. JoeKen might have some problems (most companies do) and I know you have had good luck with other avenues in obtaining receivers. Well that is nice. In the future you can use those companies but there are some items that only JoeKen has. They are not crooks or thief’s so just knock it off!
Holy Shit!
Thanks,
Glenn

----------------------------

pantera_351
Executive Member

Trader Rating: (4)

Guns Network
Contributor
Re: Starting Trouble!  

Wow, so you" fuck you’re self any time you damn well please!"
Don't think you should make that public
All 100 and some of us has contacted andrew, Joe and whoever. Still get nowhere. So they bring it here to get final results.
I don't wish to harm their business, they seem to be doing a good job by themselves.
Well I have an early morning so goodnight andrew, oops i mean grobinson.

---------------------------------

grobinson2
Executive Member

Responce #2  
pantera_351,

I do beleave it said "...I can but in..." thank you. Also if I were Andrew this thread would not be here.
Thanks,
Glenn

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Scratch out one name and put SAI in it's place. I get that warm fuzzy feeling all over again.  WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:37:47 AM EDT
[#2]
It always amuses me when someone takes up for a company that they say they have no afillation with.  Why bother, I have enough crap in my life than to worry about another company.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#3]
You Know the Arizona BBB has got to grow tired of these ass hats.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:19:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Heavy,

It amazes me why people still try to do business with companies like this one, then piss & moan when they get the same lack of service everyone else has had. Put it to bed guys, let's hope the operators of this place can get a job renting out camping places at KOA ,or some other career enhancing place. Get your stuff together boys, stop ordering from them, or quit bitchin'.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Old Andrew is going to take care of all of your problems at JOEKEN has not logged in for ten days and the natives are growing restless at Gunsnet as there has been no one answering the phones at JOEKEN's business.   Did Gary Gucia..... I mean Joe, Ken Andrew etc. leave the chicken-coop in Harveyville.....I mean Winslow?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
lucky me i was going to put an order in at  joken and then i stumbled on to this thread.i now have a list of dealers not to be trusted. it looks like I.O. will not be all alone. at my family business the customer is right. we go out of our way to make them happy. as a business if there is a mistake we eat it not the customer.there is no reason for joken's reaction the money should be refunded first and joken could then get his paperwork in order on his own dime. the internet is for sharing info and i thank you for for telling your story. the only way to deal with "business men" like this is to take them to court. all of you name callers are showing your true colors and lack of integrity.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Are  you guys JOEKING???  Or are you serious???  I've thought of driving up to Winslow to find those JOEKERS, but Winslow is such a dreary piece-of-shit town, it ain't worth the gas.  I don't know what the Hell Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Glenn Frey were doing in that shithole.  And they sure as hell didn't see any fine-ass chick in that place.   When I was in College, we had our Spring Football scrimmage at their shitty-ass high school.  Worst  field I have ever touched cleats on.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#14]
These Jokken threads are funny!!!

However I feel bad for the people who get soaked.

What I can't figure out... with all the bad press, people still continue to place orders and then are surprised when they get hosed?!?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:18:42 AM EDT
[#15]
WTF is up with this grobinson2 dude?

He swears he is not affiliated with Jerkin, yet he shows up in every thread to defend them.
Looking at the front page of the Jerkin forum over there, it seems that the last reply to every complaint thread listed was made by grobinson2.

He's like the dude in the commercial, who runs around promoting Wendy's, but doesn't work for them.

grobinson2, There are only two possible explanations, either you do in fact work for Jerkin (in the immortal words of DimwiT, a shill) or you need to get a life.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
These Jokken threads are funny!!! However

What I can't figure out... with all the bad press, people still continue to place orders and then are surprised when they get hosed?!?   hr

Agreed. Why the hell do people keep buying from them??? It boggles the mind!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#18]
We should have a sticky with bad and good suppliers listed at the top of the forum. My personal shit list! JoeKen, Ky imports, I/O I'm having 50/50 luck right now hopefully 100% early next weak. But I still don't recommend I/O. I/O I think is the best of the worst suppliers.

The BBB.org is very filmier with JoeKen, Ky imports, and I/O
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Post from JOE @ JOEKEN on why the have been closed for awhile:

"Hey Guys Sorry we have been closed. We may continue to be closed until next monday. We have just changed over to a Corporation from a LLP... if you check out our website it now says JoeKen Firearms Inc. Well we need to change everything over... new business license, tax id, merchant account, and bank accounts (checks etc). We can not charge cards or do anything until that is complete. Everything is fine though and our new shotgun news add will be hitting soon... we got a lot of cool stuff coming out so please be patient if you just placed an order and please stay tuned."

Hey, sorry about not answering the phone.

Or did we do this because we don't want to loose our asses if sued?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#23]
A corporation to serve you better.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
A corporation to serve you better.

+1

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#25]
What a POS !
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:17:54 AM EDT
[#26]
ROTFLMAO

Campy, You crack me up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks Campy!! Same here.

Funny thing is that when I was at Joke n's place, one of the workers went by the name of Glenn. Hmmm.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Are these guys JOEKING??  Or are they for real??
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I've always had pretty good luck with JoeKen but it is obvious that they need help. Way too many complaints that are totaly inexcusable. I hope the incorporation is not a ploy to distance any particular individual from liabilty in case somebody decides to legally choke the living shit out of them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I've always had pretty good luck with JoeKen but it is obvious that they need help. Way too many complaints that are totaly inexcusable. I hope the incorporation is not a ploy to distance any particular individual from liabilty in case somebody decides to legally choke the living shit out of them.

Keep an eye open and you will probably see the shit hit the fan soon.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that it is them using practical lessons they learned from the melt down of Dthors last best friend and number one industry partner.

Yup, you can sue the corporation but not the individuals.  It is sort of like a golden parachute when you go belly up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Hey Campy, I just saw your song. That was funny  I was humming the song while reading. You got a dang good talent there
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top