User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2010 3:28:00 PM EDT
I have a psl on the way.

Which of these two should i buy?

Anything i should stay away from?

Thought i'd read some ammo was a no no in these.

Thanks for any help

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A76254R&groupid=186

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A76254P600&groupid=186

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]

I know nothing about PSLs, but as a team member, use the search function.

This topic has been covered nearly weekly...

and BTW, I hate Taurus too....

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
stay away from heavy ball..... anything under 150 gr. is GTG.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:29:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say buy whats cheaper.  Dont sweat it, and plan on shooting it to break in the barrel, get your scope dialed in, get used to the gun ect.  By the time you do that, then you will be ready to see if a different contries ammo shoots better in your gun.
Dont forget to post up some 10 round pics in my other thread of your groups.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Unless those threads are heavily disguised I'd have to disagree.........

Before i started this thread i not only ran a search i looked through every page in the Romanian and Ammo forums.

My main concern was not buying something that was known to be bad for the rifle.......

Provide me half that many links to good threads about ammo and i'll be forced to buy you a case of beer and ship it along with my sincerest apology for disagreeing.

Regardless it's all good as long as we agree taurus sucks

MOS2111 thread is the best one i found and it was much smaller when i posted this.

Good thread BTW i look forward to adding some groups once i get the rifle and ammo in.

The guy i got it from was very honest though  he's already told me it's not a 2" gun......

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless those threads are heavily disguised I'd have to disagree.........
Before i started this thread i not only ran a search i looked through every page in the Romanian and Ammo forums.
My main concern was not buying something that was known to be bad for the rifle.......
Provide me half that many links to good threads about ammo and i'll be forced to buy you a case of beer and ship it along with my sincerest apology for disagreeing.
Regardless it's all good as long as we agree taurus sucks

MOS2111 thread is the best one i found and it was much smaller when i posted this.
Good thread BTW i look forward to adding some groups once i get the rifle and ammo in.
The guy i got it from was very honest though  he's already told me it's not a 2" gun......

My fatal flaw is I expect repeatability and reliability.  The PSL gets half way there.  I dont know how I really feel about this gun anymore.  I took my precision rig to the range as well.  I was able to toss a 20+ round group in 2 inches with that.  The PSL makes me feel like I am chasing the dragon.  It may not be for me.
I have heard too many reports of 1moa, ect from these guns, I wanted to see what the average gun could do with a 10round group.  I have found in my rifle that ammo does not make that much of a difference...
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My fatal flaw is I expect repeatability and reliability.  The PSL gets half way there.  I dont know how I really feel about this gun anymore.  I took my precision rig to the range as well.  I was able to toss a 20+ round group in 2 inches with that.  The PSL makes me feel like I am chasing the dragon.  It may not be for me.
I have heard too many reports of 1moa, ect from these guns, I wanted to see what the average gun could do with a 10round group.  I have found in my rifle that ammo does not make that much of a difference...

I'd like to know at what distances these people are firing at.  MOA is calculated for 100 yards so 1 MOA will be a 1 inch group at 100 yards, while a 1 MOA rifle will shoot a two inch group at 200 yards.  A one inch group at 25 yards OTOH is *NOT* 1 MOA, but at best 4 MOA, and that's only if the bullet had a completely flat drop, which it won't.

Let's face it, it's a weapon of war so the designers weren't looking for "shooting a knife out of a perp's hand" accuracy like the FBI.  They were looking to kill or wound a man with it, so it's perfectly acceptable for using against coyotes, boars, or an occasional zombie with it .  Seriously, who here is planning to shoot a knife out of a perp's hand any time soon anyway?

Besides, I didn't get it for cutting edge accuracy.  I got it because it can use 7N1, arguably one of the most bad ass anti-personnel rounds there are.  The double takes I always get at the range is a definite plus.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top