Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/11/2005 10:29:11 AM EDT
Has anybody ever used a AKM from JOEKEN? Is it any good? Is the sights canted? Can i fit a double stack mag in it? I just want a AKM that can fit double stack-mag w/o modifying receiver, has no canted-sights, Shoots reliably.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:38:16 AM EDT
Then your best bet is to either spend the $$ to get a good one, or go to the gun shows and see one in person. The only single stack AKMs out there are the WASR10's and most of those have been converted to double stack.

Joeken is not the most trusted company out there. I do not have any personal experience with them, but lots here have indicated a lack of trust with them.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:22:47 AM EDT
I've seen the JK AK's both at the JK booth at gunshows in Phoenix and at the local shooting range. The only thing I've seen that didn't look good was the finish, which resembled BBQ paint poorly applied. The later ones I've seen have had a better looking finish. But assembly looks pretty good, rivits are set correctly and the FSB has been straight on the ones I've seen.

The real problem seems to be dealing directly with JK via mail order, they've had all kinds of negative reports against them as far as fulfillment is concerned. I haven't read any thing bad about them recently, so maybe their claims that they're improving things are true. I don't see a problem ordering from them as long as you use a credit card and you monitor the situation and have the charges reversed if within the time allowed if things go badly. I would NOT send them a MO or any other kind of payment other than a CC. Best to play it on the safe side with any retailer that's got a bad rep, whether it's deserved or not.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:02:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 11:35:04 PM EDT by Mak]
The guy that designed their website (a 22 year old kid) has been arrested for credit card fraud. He was not an employee of JOEKEN but a small time web designing kid by the sound of it. I would not use my CC on their site with this happening. Designer's site

I was ripped off one time by credit card fraud (not by JOEKEN) for the amount of $2,200, don't know how the person got my number or who they were but I got it charged back in the end.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:43:29 PM EDT
never mind, ill buy from vulcan.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:07:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By plinkereye:

Put down the credit card and back away from the computer ... Vulcan is just as bad as JoeKen ...

Go find a nice Vector and don't get ripped off by the other two ...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:01:37 PM EDT
I just picked up my AK pistol from JoeKen today. Their action is a bit tight and the gun does look like a well painted barbecue grill, but this thing as "cool" written all over it!

Thursday afternoon will probably be when I get it out to the range. I can't wait to make some fireballs with that short barrel!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:18:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Apache659:

Originally Posted By plinkereye:

Put down the credit card and back away from the computer ... Vulcan is just as bad as JoeKen ...

Go find a nice Vector and don't get ripped off by the other two ...

+1...Joeken, Hesse, Vulcan = Trouble....
Top Top