Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:44:14 PM EDT
I want to get me a Yugo akm parts kit from JGsales, but why does it say that "all NFA rules apply"? Do I need NFA forms to order it?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:52:35 AM EDT
standard disclaimer language protecting them from any stupid unlawful thing that a purchaser might do with their kit.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:03:18 PM EDT
Anyways, I want to buy the yugo akm rifle over the wasr 10 hi-cap even though it is $100 more than the wasr 10. Does the yugo ak parts interchange with other ak parts? which rifle is best out of the 2 ak's?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:13:00 PM EDT
some yugo parts will interchange, some will not. most off the basic parts will.

i would take the yugo, but if you can inspect it first then that would be a real plus. i've heard that the quality can be hit or miss on these built guns.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:42:51 PM EDT
what do you mean by hit or miss? So the quality sucks or is it the accuracy?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:53:19 PM EDT
quality can be an issue. barrels are supposed to be new u.s. made.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:03:25 PM EDT
I'll just get a sar 1. They cost about the same.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:24:30 PM EDT
if you can get an actual SAR-1 then that sounds good -- myself, I woulddn't get a Wasr. The lack of magwell dimple looks gay!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:03:10 PM EDT
Does anyone know what a Heinz AK47 is? it looks like a ATK with a 24" barrel. Hows the quality on that rifle? Who built it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:01:43 PM EDT
I bought one and rejected it last week, adverised in SGN by J&G as a M70AB2.

It had a milled receiver, no slant muzzle brake. It was in NRA Good condition I would estimate, with a useable dark bore.

The lady on the phone was apologetic, and gave me an RA number right away.

I sent it back, and have not heard back from them yet. We shall see what they come up with.

I also bought two "30 round steel AK mags" which were Russian, some rust and pitting, but are useable. I kept those.

UPS $12 to return it. Grumble grumble....

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:43:10 AM EDT
sorry dude that jgsales screwed you, i hate it when that happends. anyways, I want to build a yugo Akm out of parts kit but do I need a yugo type receiver or a regular usa made ak47 receiver? Do these underfolds feel wobbly when shooting? I want to use a fixed stock on the yugo, what should I do? Yugo receivers look different from other ak receivers.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:48:42 AM EDT
I wanted an underfolder, and the Yugo M70AB2 is the best AKMS type of the lot. It has the heavy receiver, heavy barrel trunion, and is hell for stout. The downside of the Yugo is that the barrels and chambers are not chromed, and while a dark bore can shoot reasonably well, a pitted chamber can cause extraction problems in any semi-auto.

I have no beef with J&G Sales. I will wait and see what the UPS van brings this week. I have had pleasant dealings with them before, and I am sure they will make it right.

A standard AKM receiver will NOT fit on a Yugo because of the larger trunnion. Look closely at pictures on this site, and compare an AKM with a Yugo. You will see a bump on each side of the receiver for the larger Yugo trunnion. Also, the M70AB2 was built using a heavier 1.6mm receiver, thicker than the standard 1.0 mm AKM receiver.

I can't give any advice on the Yugo receivers available. I have no way to compare them. I suggest that you systematically check all the postings on this site before ordering anything. It will save you some $$BIG BUCKS$$ and a lot of free headaches.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:32:15 PM EDT
I just finished my yugo uf with a dci receiver. good quality and had it within 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:57:38 AM EDT
where do you get yugo receiver blueprints?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:20:50 PM EDT
J&G Sales came through with a Very Good M70AB2 all matching, and a fair bore.

I am very pleased with their service and their product.

Top Top