BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 10:33:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I would probably buy it if they promised to not send the ugly-ass buttstock with the rest of the stuff.

4 mags and pouch - $40
bayonet - $20

So with just the mags and bayonet you are coming out okay, unless these are some of the same piece of shit mags that were shipping as part of their recent 4 mag deal.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
God prices are up. I used to buy two 7.62 mags for $5. A 40 rounder would cost me about $7. A drum was around $35.

Holy crap I just sounded like my Grandfather- "When I was a boy I could buy a loaf of bread for a nickle to help my family. I worked for that nickel at a tar patch in the hot sun at the filling station, without water, or breaks for sixteen hours a day, at the end of that day they paid me one nickle- and I thanked them!"
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know more about the mags in this combo?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
God prices are up. I used to buy two 7.62 mags for $5. A 40 rounder would cost me about $7. A drum was around $35.

Holy crap I just sounded like my Grandfather- "When I was a boy I could buy a loaf of bread for a nickle to help my family. I worked for that nickel at a tar patch in the hot sun at the filling station, without water, or breaks for sixteen hours a day, at the end of that day they paid me one nickle- and I thanked them!"

You can thank king Bush the first for the prices of drums.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
i dont know about the mags,.. but i would get it just for the pouch and bayonet,...

the one kit i orderd   ( AKACCPKG)  did not include the bayo or mags,..it was just the little stuff + the buttstock,...but for the few bucks it cost i got a  gun lock,.. slant brake,.. blank fireing addaptor,.cleaning kit,..7.62x39 BSE,. leather sling,..and the damn buttstock,...which will fit on a PSL,..BUT is not the correct one for a PSL / ROMAK III

if you need a PSL /ROMAK III butt stock,.. global has them,.. part # R-400 about 40-50 bucks after shipping
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a really good deal!! I just ordered the accessory kit.(everything on your link minus the mags and Bayonet with frog) and added the four  mags for $20.00 deal and paid around $50.00 Total...so I got everything in the link minus the Bayonet and Frog for 50, they're basicly adding in the Bayonet for free...The mags I got were all pretty good, a little surface rust in some small areas..I used some rust remover and then touched it up with some re-bluing stuff from Wallmart on them and they look brand new now!  The mag pouch still smelled like mothballs, but it's brand new. All the accessories are brand new.If I had the extra money, I would jump on this deal!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing really special about it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]
If the baynet sheath had the keeper, frog, and rubber surrounding it would be a good deal
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Ordered 2 sets today......
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If the baynet sheath had the keeper, frog, and rubber surrounding it would be a good deal

Yeah ... what 1Gunner said ...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my set in today.

The bayonet does have the rubber surround and leather frog. It's in really great shape just needs a new edge put on it. Pouches, cleaning kit, broken shell extractor, sling, oiler bottle, stock etc...all are in used but fair condition. Out of the four mags I only had one that was a problem. I scrubbed them all, degreased and cleaned and had to tweak one follower to get it to function smoothly.

For the guys that have most of this stuff already it's obviously not a big deal but for a dude new to the AK it's a hell of a bargain.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top