Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:28:00 PM EDT
I bought a few 20 round boxes of this German 7.62 x 39 ammo at a local gun show for $2/ box. I assume its probably corrosive, but otherwise any reason why it shouldn't be OK?

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL796/3670896/7563284/131823451.jpg
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some German M43 (7.62x39) which came loose in clear vaccum-sealed bags. If it is the same stuff, it is good ammo, but VERY corrosive. Clean immediately.

Just out of curiosity, what does the headstamp have on it?

"All that the South has ever desired was the Union as established by our forefathers should be preserved and that the government as originally organized should be administered in purity and truth."

-Robert E. Lee, General, CSA
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It was former steel core ammo that had the bullets pulled and lead core bullet installed. Overall pretty good but does have corrosive primers.

Hootbro
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top