Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/31/2005 4:30:58 PM EDT
I just came across a Poly Tech which has been stored for quite some time (around 20 years). The #s are PW85 762 07xxx Factory 416 Imported by Kengs and it appears unfired. What is a fair value?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I would consider it a treasure,price would depend on what type it is,fixed stock,folding bayonet,milled reciever?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The stock is fixed, wood is blonde, folding spike type bayo and stamped receiver.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
In my area it would go 675.00-800.00,did you buy it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
To make a long story short, A few days back I was looking for another Beater AK when a friend mentioned he had a couple of Chinese AKs and I assumed they were Mac-90s which would have been fine. I asked a few questions and found he acquired them in a trade about 15 16 maybe 17 years ago, this aroused my curiousity. He brought one of the rifles to town (he can't remember where rifle #2 is but it will turn up sooner or later.)) and I got a look at it this afternoon, I don't know a lot about AKs as I have only owned 1 AK which was a Romanian SAR 1,  but it was obvious this was a very nice AK in Pristine condition and possibly of interest to a Collector of the Chinese variants. I have no interest in this rifle as it is much to nice too beat the Hell out of. From the information given I will try to acquire this rifle at a reasonable price when the owner returns from his trip (in a week or two). If I happen to acquire this AK I will probably make it available to someone here who really wants/needs this type of rifle in rather nice condition for what I end up having in it. The fellow who owns this rifle is a very good Horse Trader (I've done a lot of deals with him in the last 15 years usually involving commercial Mausers or pre 64 Model 70's) however in this instance I feel I have the advantage due to my access to your knowledge. God I love horse tradeing.
Thanks for the information, and all of the help over the last few years is greatly appreciated.
P.S. I bet you wish I'd learn to spell.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:09:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Jesus, has it been 20 years...........man I feel old.  

Me Too,last night I was thinking about some of the things I did on past New Years Eve's,1984 I bought a new car,1995 I survived an attempt on my life...........................it just don't seem like its been that long ago.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top