Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2006 6:33:47 AM EDT
I saw this knife in the latest issue of SG. I am considering buying it but like everone else I have found some of the items they sell to be very mis-represented.  For $20 it seems like a good deal and I have found quite a few fine Soligen produced blades for bargain basement prices.

LINKY
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I think SG's representations are mostly meant to be humorous. In this case, I don't think  the Germans ate K-Rations. At least not until after  the war.
SG is very good about stuff you want to return though. I've had to do that for a few items over the years with them. Boots that are too small, sleeping bag I didn't like, etc. They even cover teh return freight, so they're good to deal with.
I say, if you really like that knife, get it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The knives arent that good.....there kind of cheaply made for German craftsmen. I wouldnt pay $20m for one. There not worth it. Ive handled lots of them...I used to be a military knife dealer. so I know a little about them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#3]
That's what I figured. I ordered a few of the 7rd 1911 mags they sell for like $6 and they are great. I need to order about 4 more and some ammo.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#4]
h8mtv, your better off getting one of US Airforce survival knives with leather sheath and wet stone. They run $20-$25. Much better quality and a better configuration. Yeah you just about cant go wrong with US surplus .45 mags. thats usually what I see for $6.00. Hell most are like new.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top