Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/26/2005 5:10:53 AM EDT
First time AK buyer looking for help. This was a ad at Dunham's Sports.

I'm looking for a plinker (have AR's & M1 to take care of other needs). what should I look for? And what should I stay away from. What make the 10 worth $100 more?

Thanks for any help,

Shooterer
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The WASR10 has enough US parts to use a conventional butt and pistol grip instead of the butthole stock. And, the magwell has been opened up and it is converted to use  regular hi-cap AK magazines.  The WASR uses a 10-rd single stack magazine only.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#2]
They probably arent hi cap at least the top one isnt, you can always convert it.  So its not to bad of a deal.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:03:11 AM EDT
[#3]
for that price, even if it's a 10 rounder I'd get the one on the top, like he said, you can always change it later if you want to, buy myself I never shoot anything at the range other than smaller mags to save ammo and take my time practicing, so it would be what I'd want.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Dragonoff stock?
Comes with an extra clip?

And WTF is up with the trigger guard on the pistol gripped one?!

Spend the extra money and get the pistol gripped version.  It's double stack and 922r ready (the "Dragonoff" stocked one will need US parts added after you Dremel the mag well out).  The WASR is worth the money, just be sure to either look at one in person or get one from AIM Surplus.  Don't be tempted by the Dragunov stock or the cheapness of the single stack version if this is your first AK.

ETA:  AIM Surplus has a much better deal HERE.  For $20 more, you get a no-ban version (the ad picture is a post-ban), bayonet, 2 mags, pouch, and assorted goodies.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a SAR1.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Get an evil WASR from classicarms.us
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top