[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nope.

mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/page-4.htm

Ok so where on the page did it say how to tell by serial number if it's pre-or post? I didn'
t see anything regarding that at all.
I have a friend with a MAADI that he bought in 1993 he wants to put a folding stock on it if possible. he should be able to right? anyone know a place with more info about how to tell if a MAADI is or is not a pre-ban.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's not imported by STEYR< SECACUS NJ. It is not a pre-ban. no serial numbers required.

Sorry!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#5]
what coltshorty said, the ONLY pre-ban (89) MAADIs were imported by STEYR.......all other MAADIs, regardless of who imported them, (PARS, A.C.C INT/INTRACT, or CENTURYs) are all post 89 ban.

MAADIs are good AKs. and even a post ban one is worth the money to buy, made on soviet machinary....just change out a few parts with US ones, and you can add a pistol grip and buttstock. The RMLs can be made to look like a RPK wannabe, by getting a bipod for it, putting RPK furniture on it.....some hand fitting of the lower handguard is required to fit in the handguard retainer.

I got a RPM one (same a RML, except these came with a factory bi-pod) and added RPK soviet furniture.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope.

mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/page-4.htm

Ok so where on the page did it say how to tell by serial number if it's pre-or post? I didn'
t see anything regarding that at all.
I have a friend with a MAADI that he bought in 1993 he wants to put a folding stock on it if possible. he should be able to right? anyone know a place with more info about how to tell if a MAADI is or is not a pre-ban.

From the first paragraph of the webpage:
The pre 1989 ban rifles were only imported by Styer. The post ban rifles were imported by ACC/INTRAC of Knoxville,TN, Pars International Corp. of Louisville,KY and Century Arms International of St. Albins,Vermont.

If it's post-ban, it can't have a folding stock, pistol grip, threaded barrel, bayo lug, or any other evil feature.  Thumbhole only allowed.

If the right number of US parts have been added, then it is now a US gun and may have one evil feature.

Unless a gun was already in a "pre-ban" (i.e. two or more evil features) configuration when the 94 ban took effect (to be grandfathered), it will now and forever be a post-ban.

The short answer is unless it's a Steyr, he's out of luck.

Ross
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top