Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:32:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/11/2005 9:51:47 PM EDT by Atreides]
I have seen people replace the vented lower foregrip and bare gas tube with plastic furniature and was wondering if these pieces were "regular" AK parts, or do I need AMD-65 specific parts?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:14:50 AM EDT
Both have to be modified to fit. The gas tube will need to be shortened and swedged open to fit the gas block.  To swedge the gas tube, you need a tapered peice of steel. I have used a ratchet handle from an old socket set. The handgaurd will have to be trimmed to fit the front retainer. It isn't bad to do. Take your time with a Dremel and you will be okay.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:57:20 AM EDT
Top Top