Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 4:06:08 PM EDT
A buddy of mine has a book about AK's and it list AMD 65's....it says that the black gray handled 65 are a later version and had threaded barrels so that they could launch granades....mine has the black gray handles......HMMMMMM could I be so lucky.  Otherwise im still confused as to why the F#@$%n trunnion wont come off.  In order to see if this is the case I still need to remove the sight block but I thought I would throw it out here first.  What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Im not sure about the break either......Ill have to measure it...both pins are out though..the one out of the trunnion and the one out of the sight block....nothing moves.  Whats interesting is that one other thing that might indicate its threaded is the shim that protrudes out from under the barrel and is pinned to the trunnion...the book also aludes to such a shim.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#3]
nice double post

anyway, your barrel is interference fit into the trunnion AND pinned

you got the pin out, good, but it won't budge unless you press the barrel out of the trunnion with a hydraulic bench press

and forget about the book, it is only confusing you
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top