Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 11:46:05 PM EDT

At this very moment I count 7 threads raging on about the battle of the boards and differing opinions on that whole subject and not enough about the beloved AK itself. Is it time we ask the commissar for a political officer to open a political/propaganda office/thread.

I know many of you are caught up in this ordeal, but I’m thinking it’s time to get moving and let things just play out over there. Let’s talk about cool guns not fake sea monsters and such.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
 Ok, I'll play.

I got me an SAR3 awhile back, and that thing is bad ass.

I was a dyed in the wool 7.62 guy through and through, but decided what the hell, it's cheaper than a Galil. Man I am sold on it now baby, I am actually contemplating ditching some of my 7.62 rifles and maybe getting a 5.45 or two!!

Your thoughts???

Chuck
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Nah, I've not been caught up in it-------but it's fun.

You've gotta admit it..you're a Gunsnet fan? I once was. Until I was censored for f****** with some puke mod. No biggie until "The TOP" F***** back with nonsense.

I've unashamedley spoken up for that bunch over here in the past and I'll be DAMNED if I ever would again.

Nope. Party on Wayne, Party on Garth. Let the beatings begin....
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:25:33 AM EDT
[#3]
 There are some good guys over there, but the Administration of that site is completely screwed in the head. They are so completely out in left field it isn't even amusing any more.

I'm still a fan inasmuch as i enjoy seeing the contortions that they go through trying to justify their actions. Thats always good for a laugh.

BTW, I think that I want a Krebs 5.45, or maybe one of those KTR03 rifles in .223 next. Are they a sworn enemy yet?

chuck
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in complete agreement with 300ydClean that there are alot of good folks over there. (Note: this is as far as I personally will ever go again in defense of that site)

It's not a 'battle of the boards'. There is no real monetary gain here---unless AR15.com is trying to buy Tapco or The Falfiles...

We are what we are. Gun owners. More importently gun owners that own semi-automatic clones of rifles we can't afford to own in their original form. Possibly even more importently, owners of firearms potentially deemed unaccaptable for ownership period.(!!!!!)

I've gotten the bulk of info needed for compliance and the sort from not only this site but theirs and several others. Gunsnet is a disfunctional family, nothing wrong with that, this is America and dysfunction appears to be the rule of the day.

Seems there might be more to this than what appears, only time will tell.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:19:06 AM EDT
[#5]
 I don't think that there is a battle of the boards either. Hell, they are doing it to themelves. What one finds on this site are merely observations on how they choose to conduct themselves.

As far as conduct, that is where I have the problem with that site. Organized attempts to defraud their membership. Attempting to coerce persons into buying inferior quality weaponry because a certain someone wont bow down and lick their boots and on and on and on and on.

Yep, you convinced me, I am going for the Krebs KTR03 in .223

Chuck

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:07:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Well Chuck, if you can clone it I might buy it otherwise belt-fed is looking like a fine option
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top