Is anyone buying kits for storage?

Any thought on Yugo M70 kits?

What type of kits would you buy?

Spud47
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats an easy one...
Buy a bunch of rivits, a bunch of receivers,
Then buy one of every AK variant that you can find!!

But you will probably need more than one rainy day to assemble them all...

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Greetings All,

Is anyone buying kits for storage?

Any thought on Yugo M70 kits?

What type of kits would you buy?

Spud47

Depends on your cash flow situation. Personally, I would get at least one of the following unless you have one built already - AKS74, AKS74U - Krink, 7,62 Polish underfolder) .  These kits are expensive and will only get more expensive in the future.  I would also say an RPK kit, but I can't get a receiver yet.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I did. I got a Romy kit, a couple of flats/rails/rivet packs and the compliance parts.
I can't build it, as I am Kaliban , but at least I've got one put away.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I did. I got a Romy kit, a couple of flats/rails/rivet packs and the compliance parts.
I can't build it, as I am Kaliban , but at least I've got one put away.

Sorry to hear that.  I live on the Left coast too.  Not as bad as Kal, I think it is just a matter of time.

Spud 47
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a bunch........Bulgie AK74 wood and folders, Polish AKM grade 1 folders, Yugo krink. I guess I'm set for a few years of builds with Mr. Sellars.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Tantal being built by jnewt right now and have the following on hand or ordered:  Romy AKM, Romy RPK, Bulgy sidefolder 74, Bulgy fixed stock 74.

I cancelled an order for a PMKMS, because I have big plans for all of these builds.  All are being built by jnewt.  The Bulgy sidefolder kit will become a nearly perfect 74M clone; the wood fixed stock 74 will become a clone of an early AKS-74; the RPK is getting brand new Russian wood; the AKM is getting brand new Polish laminate wood.

I also need to stock up on mags/ammo and pick up a PO 3.5x21P.  Then it's on to the Makarovs and web gear.   Then a M-N sniper and Russian SKS.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Altogether, I bought 78 kits :)

62 Romainian
1 Rom. RPK
12 Tantals
1 Yugo M92
1 PMKMS underfold
1 AKS-74

I imagine I'll be selling most of these off this time next year.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude,

It must be nice to have a couple K that you can invest.  I hope things work out.  What do you think of the PMKMS kits?

Spud47
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Count as of today:
1 HK MP5
1 Bren MKII
1 VZ 58
5 Romys
1 yugo underfolder
1 polish underfolder
1 Bulgy sidefolder
1 1919 A4

And I'm still on the hunt. Anyone have any suggestions on anything else I should grab?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

62 Romainian
1 Rom. RPK
12 Tantals
1 Yugo M92
1 PMKMS underfold
1 AKS-74

Damn dude, did ya have to call Ditech before you bought all of those?  I wish I was that stout but at least I got me an AKS-74 (by jnewt), a SAR-2 with a Romy folder, and an AKMS at jnewt's place as we speek.  Hopefully I'll be able to pick up one more AK before year's end.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#11]
62 Romies will take up a little bit of space

I wish I didn't buy some serious factory rifles this year before this barrel ban.....I'd have more kits than you could shake a stick at
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

62 Romainian
1 Rom. RPK
12 Tantals
1 Yugo M92
1 PMKMS underfold
1 AKS-74

lmao... damn dude!

I wish I had some spare cash to buy some kits to resell later.  I'd grab up some Romys and M92s.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Dude,

It must be nice to have a couple K that you can invest.  I hope things work out.  What do you think of the PMKMS kits?

Spud47

The PMK was the last kit I ordered - it will be here tomorrow.  Personally, UF's sell well but I never cared for the things myself.....some of these I will keep for myself.  A couple of the Romanians , maybe the Yugo, definitely the RPK since I'm almost done with it.  The SideFolder AKS I will do up as an Afghan era Russian, etc.....the rest will get sold off and/or built into proper rifles under my sons license.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a couple of each, the Russian AKM, Bulg. AKS74, Polish Tantal/PMKMS, and Rommy and Yugo and RPK, but I stopped at Krinkov.  For one thing the price is just unreal, if only the buyers know what kind of mark up is on these kits.  Also, I dont' intend to build SBR, so it's pointless for me to get the Krink kit with original barrel or not.  if the barrel is banned, the kit should still be fine, and it should be able to take a regular AK barrel, or a US made one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked up 40 Rommy kits so far.  20 from Centerfire and 20 from Scott @ DPHARMS.  I'm currently looking for another 20 but haven't decided if I should really do that yet...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#16]
So when are the going to start an "Options" Trading exchange for Kit Futures.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Non renewable resource ?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top